Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default Good News for Gamers

Analyst: $100 PS3 price drop coming by June 'at the latest'

By Patrick Shaw , GamePro , 02/26/2009

A massive drop in the PlayStation 3 video game console's price tag, which will lower the cost of Sony's next-generation game platform US$100, is expected as early as this April according to respected analyst Mike Hickey of Janco Partners.

Hickey says that cutting the PS3's price down will trigger a significant boost in hardware sales for Sony. If a price drop does happen, that'll knock to price of the 80GB PlayStation 3 down from $399.99 to $299.99 and the higher-end 160GB model down from $499.99 to $399.99.

If Sony does not cut the price of their console, we expect the continuation of languishing PS3 hardware sales and the potential for publishers to accelerate their reallocation of resources away from the PS3 console. We believe the market is expecting a PS3 price cut in April or by June at the latest.

http://www.networkworld.com/news/200...rice-drop.html

Alright Then.

That is good news. I ALMOST bought one last week but decided not to at the last minute. Glad I did.

Veteran Poster

Its about fucking time. 3 years after launch and only now is the price getting close to being reasonable. They only have 3-4 exclusive games that interest me but I would love to finally get a Bluray player. It would be nice to play Metal Gear Solid 4as well.

With that said I think I might wait even if the price drop happens. I still have around 10+ XBOX360 games that I haven't played yet. Impulse buys on most of them but all were rated well. I haven't even really gotten into GTA 4 yet. And I've had that game since it launched.

Some titles I own but havent really played yet:
    Grand Theft Auto 4
    Bioshock
    Gears of War
    Bully
    Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter
    Mass Effect
    Burnout Paradise (just bought)
    The Darkness
    Ninja Gaiden 2
    Dead Space
    Saints Row
    Guitar Hero 3
    The Bourne Conspiracy (just bought today from Circuit City for around $24)
    Soul Calibur IV (just bought today from Circuit City for around $24)

It truly amazes me how much Sony fucked up with the PS3. The price and the lack of truly great games. PS2 is probably my favorite console ever and I expected much much more from Sony.

I have the personality and people skills of a retarded home-schooled kid.

Rookie Poster

Good news for poor gamers. Is what this is.

Veteran Poster

Oli u basterd ive been telling people that for months...Mid april is the suggested time to drop.This story came out in January.Ya slippen man
    Bigotry in chat lol.....Go look.

Silver Poster

what about 360, imma be on my 4th one. I wanna wait until the new system comes out. but who know's when that's gonan be? really, I know we have some people who work for microsoft on here

Lifemember

Jjhill, you mean 360 jasper?

Silver Poster

is that it? i dont know if I should wait for the new system or get my 4th 360. i been contemplatin the past month

Lifemember

Professional Poster Castor_Troy05's Avatar

no point waitin for a new system, don't know why you're on ur 4th xbox u know the warranty is 3 years and they repair them for free, minor inconvenience to send it away.

I have a PS3 and I never play games on it

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by kukm4
    Jjhill, you mean 360 jasper?
    Actually valhalla is the new hot shit son. lol. They say 2009 fall release. I have a jasper and it crushed and burn like all the rest. And the valhalla is gonna burn too. THE RROD is never gonna stop, you've gotta admire Microsoft's genius. What a clever way to deter people from getting their 360 modded.

Anyone a Fallout 3 fan? If so I have a question. if you were in the wasteland...would you go see a tranny ghoul.

Bitch I wanna put my mouth on your Disco Stick. - The Cum Monster