Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Imagine if this place had an ignore button

I remember back in the day I used to chat on IRC, and if some troll wouldn't shut up all you had to do was type /ignore (insert nick here) and you wouldn't be bothered.

I was just wondering how this place would be different if we had the ability to do that. It probably isn't in the code for the forum so it's not likely to be a reality but I thought it was an interesting thought experiment.

Who would be on your ignore list? Who would be the "most ignored"? Would these people get frustrated that no one was responding to them and just go away or would they reregister with another screen name?

I personally think that if we had this option a lot of the people who don't post here anymore wouldn't have left - in my opinion this place is less interesting now than it used to be. People get tired of being called names like fag or drag queen, and just don't come back.

Since I hate it when people ask questions but don't give their own answers here are a few people I'd ignore: chef, Legend, and (obviously) tsntx.

Junior Poster

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	people_who_care_117.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	168.8 KB 
ID:	227717  

in the works

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody
    in the works
    FUCK TO THE HELL YES!!!!
    Change name Maybe possible?

No one ever uses them. they would rather complain.

Just because you don't know about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist: http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...=asc&start=158

I've been on forums that have an ignore feature. I've never used it, myself.

...stir it up and pass it around.

Request: ignore complete subforums (like politics and sports) please!

Insert funny quote here

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    No one ever uses them. they would rather complain.
    I have to disagree,I used it in the past works wonders.all it says is posting by (blocked name here) and you can still view it.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Of course the button will not allow any Hung Angels to be ignored. If you attempt to ignore a Hung Angel, the button will just cause her messages to be triple posted on your monitor.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    Of course the button will not allow any Hung Angels to be ignored. If you attempt to ignore a Hung Angel, the button will just cause her messages to be triple posted on your monitor.
    lol I like that. I think only administrators should not be able to be blocked.Other than that everyone else can be .