Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Nationalize Citibank and Bank of America now

not sure what it means exaxtly when the US government takes ownership of these 2 banks but with Citi below $2/share and BAC at 3 I'm thinking our savings accounts and CD's may be in jeopardy. Without Uncle Sam, who's to say these guys won't tell us their ATM's don't have any cash left

It could take the FDIC years to sort this shit out if these companies go belly up

anyone else worried ?

Platinum Poster

Who isn't?

But while we're on the subject of nationalization...

...nationalize oil!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/raymond-j-learsy

"A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned to walk forward." - FDR

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Junior Poster

The founders of this country warned us about the goverment being involved in or taking control of the banking, financial industries. The first step towards this was the Federal Reserve.

I definitely don't want the creators of the social security system and medicare to run the banking industry. They have already contributed to the problem we have now. Then they tell us they know how to fix it! Ya, right.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by 95racer
    The founders of this country warned us about the goverment being involved in or taking control of the banking, financial industries. The first step towards this was the Federal Reserve.

I definitely don't want the creators of the social security system and medicare to run the banking industry. They have already contributed to the problem we have now. Then they tell us they know how to fix it! Ya, right.
    Sounds like a....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paulbot_145_661.png 
Views:	299 
Size:	853.0 KB 
ID:	226824  

Junior Poster

This is going to suck if they do this, can you imagine going to the bank and having the same feeling like being at the post office...lol

Anyone that has confidence in the government solving anything is seriously misguided, not to mention govt being involved in every aspect of our lives goes against everything this country was supposed to stand for.

Most of the folks in our leadership couldn't even run a McDonalds let alone the largest economy in the world.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by callahac
    Anyone that has confidence in the government solving anything is seriously misguided, not to mention govt being involved in every aspect of our lives goes against everything this country was supposed to stand for.

Most of the folks in our leadership couldn't even run a McDonalds let alone the largest economy in the world.
    Lay off the Limbaugh, LOSER!!

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Anyone that has confidence that the banking industry will fix itself is a mark. In the con game (con short for confidence, by the way) the trick is to continue to have marks pony up more cash in the belief they're going to get rich. The top of the banking game is full of con men.

Saw a video clip of a guy down on the trading floor who had the balls to level some pretty harsh criticism for Obama and the government. And he had all these other traders egging him on. The balls of these people. They should have their balls cut off and fed to them for what the crisis that they created and enabled.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Odelay

Anyone that has confidence that the banking industry will fix itself is a mark. In the con game (con short for confidence, by the way) the trick is to continue to have marks pony up more cash in the belief they're going to get rich. The top of the banking game is full of con men.

Saw a video clip of a guy down on the trading floor who had the balls to level some pretty harsh criticism for Obama and the government. And he had all these other traders egging him on. The balls of these people. They should have their balls cut off and fed to them for what the crisis that they created and enabled.
    Yeah, I saw that clip on MSNBC. Obama's press sec Gibbs just leveled his ass at the press conference.

Junior Poster

Well hold on a second, I mean callahc does have a point. This is the way we done things since the beginning of America's time. America has thrived off private enterprise. I mean sure it has failed us at various times in history like the great depression and now. If you are looking for a perfect system, you will end up chasing your tail. But we need to think about very seriously before absolishing a system that we have used for 2 centuries.

I still think the best idea is for government to provide more of a helping hand, but not doing the job itself. Perhaps the way they have done it just by throwing money at it isn't the best idea, but they just have to reconsider a more thorough solution to avoid greed and bonuses and people taking advantage of the system thats all.