Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baileyandkc
    so how do you know its not all for " entertainment purposes "?

Heck, Coulter and Sean Hannity could be liberal extremists in real life, card carrying commies!
    Didn't any of you see that episode of The Boondocks?

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyandkc
    so how do you know its not all for " entertainment purposes "?

Heck, Coulter and Sean Hannity could be liberal extremists in real life, card carrying commies!
    Didn't any of you see that episode of The Boondocks?

I did,shit sales.

Quote Originally Posted by bicuriousbc
    Ann C. has quite the history.
    She used to live in Vancouver BC Canada and tried to wreck the life of a UBC swim coach.
    He had no interest in her, but she persued him, and when he rejected her advances she had him charged with rape or something like that.
    Year later he was aquited after i believe she admitted she had made up the story.
    He was reinstated at UBC.
    There was another occurance, but can't remember the details.
    She then vanished down south......
    Wrong Ann Coulter, you typical insular Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by Realgirls4me
    Quote Originally Posted by callahac
    Quote Originally Posted by Realgirls4me
    Quote Originally Posted by callahac
    No reason to name call somebody that you disagree with- not very helpful in moving forward your point, and just shows you are narrow minded and won't listen to other points of view.
    (Scratching his head. Hmmmmm?)

In principle, I agree with you, Callahac, that resorting to name calling and other weak, unsubstantive, non-creative retorts to a person one has differences with does perhaps reveal a lack of resourcefulness and open-mindedness at work, so could you please demonstrate your open-mindedness and impartiality at work by listing any or all of the authors, commentators, talk show hosts, et all, that you read and/or listen to frequently from the extreme "loony left" that mirror Ann Coulter's extreme right-wing positions, observations, criticisms, and behavior.

I'm all eyes.
    You just made the assumption that I am a radical right winger. That's the problem most people in this country are not radical left wingers or right wingers, they are in the middle and forgotten about and not represented. Somehow though if you disagree with someone you are automatically cast into one camp or the other.

That being said I don't really pay attention to any of the talking heads on TV because in the end they are just towing the party line. Not my thing. Does that answer your question?
    Uh, no it doesn't. Does Coulter tow the party line, by the way?

The difference here is that you are basically trying to defend the indefensible -- a person so extreme and outlandish she's become a parody of herself. This isn't a person within the political 40 yard lines and therein lies the difference. I was just wondering if someone who would go to bat for the views of a person considered so extreme, shady, and loony, would also come to the defense of someone from the left with such extreme views and positions. That's all.

Again, who from the extreme "loony Left" do you frequently listen to or read that mirrors the likes of Ann Coulter, Malkin, Limbaugh, O'Reilly, etc? And if there is such a person on the Left to counter the Coulters of the rightwing world, would you be on here scolding their detractors and critics to take a higher, more civil road when commenting on them?

I'm looking for consistency here. I believe you've come to the defense of right-wingers before, and I'm just curious where you stand? Your response, for example, is a frequent refrain of none other than right-wing tinhorn Bill O'Reilly.
    As I mentioned I am not a fan of any of the talking heads. However someone mentioned Kirsten Powers. I like her and think she is reasonable. Of any of the liberal intelectuals, I would think the late great Pat Moynahan of NY was the best- excellent, insightful and intelligent. Didn't agree with most of his arguments, but had to respect where he was coming from. Unfortunatly they don't make guys like him anymore, all you have now are a bunch of cackling fools trying to out shout one another on TV.

Since you want to put me on the defensive, just out of curiosity what conservatives to you listen to and respect?

Quote Originally Posted by phobun
    Quote Originally Posted by bicuriousbc
    Ann C. has quite the history.
    She used to live in Vancouver BC Canada and tried to wreck the life of a UBC swim coach.
    He had no interest in her, but she persued him, and when he rejected her advances she had him charged with rape or something like that.
    Year later he was aquited after i believe she admitted she had made up the story.
    He was reinstated at UBC.
    There was another occurance, but can't remember the details.
    She then vanished down south......
    Wrong Ann Coulter, you typical insular Canadian.
    Thank goodness.
    She is a disaster....