Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Platinum Poster

so i was flipping thru channels here in houston bored and i see this black guy talking about some bs and i cant stop laughing bc hes crosseyed

so i thought id take a pic and share it so yall could laugh too

and while taking one guy goes "can you not see whats going on here??" and then goes "oh right sorry"

lmao wtf !!!!!?!??!?!?!?!?!!!

turns out they were talking about this same stupid ass cartoon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0219090433_105.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	226601  

Professional Poster EyeCumInPiece's Avatar

1. i thought it was funny.

2. it makes no sense for every1 to be up in arms about a satirical cartoon drawing being racist when, in reality, that piece of shit rag NY Post makes racially insensitive statements on a daily basis.

"I used to say that politics was the second oldest profession, and I have come to know that it bears a gross similarity to the first."
    -Ronald Reagan

Junior Poster

In art, the artist must fully understand and acknowledge the context of their "social commentary". It's clear to me that this cartoonist is confused about his role in making such comments. Of course, it would be politically correct for everyone to just "give the guy the benefit of the doubt", but to me that is just giving the guy way too much credit. I believe he knew WHAT he wanted to convey and his editor also agreed. Both are culpable and ultimately have their own dose of social commentary and perspective to swallow.

Junior Poster

The artist of that cartoon has already explained he mixed the stimulus bill and the resent story of the killer pet chimp to come up with his piece. Personally I agree with what he's trying to say, some of you need to get your panties unbunched.

Rookie Poster

Of course our leading self serving politician Al Sharpton jumped right on the cartoon....we could have figured that would happen.

It's a shame that certain communities have such thin skins that they can't take an editorial cartoon while they continue to practice intolerence when any person out of their community offers a set of opposing views.

Junior Poster

A reference to the pet chimp that went nuts and had to be gunned down in, I believe, CT. Connection to the stimulus bill, pretty tenuous.

It's a reach to get bent out of shape, inferring a racial slur. But then, it's the editor's job to consider people drawing long inferences. Could have been avoided to avert cries of racial foul.

Then, too, how long we going to tip toe around Obama race. Guy's black. There: it's out.

Media didn't go out of its way to censor cartoonists portraying Bush as a Western yokel hick.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by jcinva
    Media didn't go out of its way to censor cartoonists portraying Bush as a Western yokel hick.
    Bush was portrayed as a HUMAN in those cartoons.

Simian references to Obama are out of line.

Alright Then.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino
    I see where u all are coming from, but it should be noted that Bush was also portrayed as a chimp time and time again. Six in one, a half dozen in the other, I guess...

Exactly, go to google image and search "George Bush Chimp" and you will get an entire page of images comparing him to a chimp. Also, there was an entire mocumentary about him being assassinated. I am not a Bush fan by any means and not a right winger in any sense, I just think that if he could handle it, its even more racist saying that Obama can't handle it because he is black.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by barefootjoe69
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    If the chimp was wearing a wig half the guys on this forum would be asking for contact info.
    This was already done here!

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=42535
    i saw her on maury omg!

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    so i was flipping thru channels here in houston bored and i see this black guy talking about some bs and i cant stop laughing bc hes crosseyed

so i thought id take a pic and share it so yall could laugh too

and while taking one guy goes "can you not see whats going on here??" and then goes "oh right sorry"

lmao wtf !!!!!?!??!?!?!?!?!!!

turns out they were talking about this same stupid ass cartoon
    I watched this idiot on AC360 as well. Somehow they found the one black man on the planet who still denies that racism ever existed. Maybe he can't see it with that eye looking the wrong way all the time.