Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Senior Member Professional Poster luv4Tgirls's Avatar

No, that is funny as hell, I lmao everytime I see it

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Oli
    Quote Originally Posted by jcinva
    Media didn't go out of its way to censor cartoonists portraying Bush as a Western yokel hick.
    Bush was portrayed as a HUMAN in those cartoons.

Simian references to Obama are out of line.
    I think here is where there is a leap of logic. Just because a monkey is in the cartoon and refered to as having "written" the stimulus bill that does not mean that the monkey is therefore Obama.

I know I know the post record, i know the context of the commentary better than any but other skin color minority persons here. I thought that it was a reference to Obama at first. Then after taking a breath.... It's clearly just a commentary on what the artist and the editorial team at the post think about the stimulus bill. Which if anyone rationally think's obama sat down and wrote all those pages (I hear it's something like 1100 or is that 11,000). Come on. That was the work of the house, senate, and the president. Therefore this is a commentary on the way washington worked in this case.

It has to be fair game to criticize the president in all kinds of ways. I say it is racist to treat Obama with special deference because of his race. Black people don't need special handling.

First off, when I saw the cartoon I didn't get the impression that the chimp was Obama. I took it to mean that the stimulus bill was so shoddy that it couldn't have been written by a thinking human being. If you saw the chimp as Obama, maybe you are the racist.

Secondly, will you people stop saying the word "monkey"? It's obviously an ape!

People that see this as racist need to educate themselves on Government.
    It's clear that that the Chimp isn't Obama. The Chimp represents all the members of Congress who wrote the stimulus bill. Obama didn't write the Stimulus Bill.
    Let me repeat! OBAMA DIDN'T WRITE THE STIMULUS BILL!!!
    He only signed into law what was presented to him!

Now granted the cartoon may be in bad taste because it pokes fun of a tragic incident where one person is still fighting for their life and will never be the same even if they do live.
    But Racist? HELL NO!!!!

Sean Delonas(the cartoonist) has a history,GLAAD(nothing to do with any one here )named him one of their worst people of 2008 for homophobic cartoons.

Rookie Poster

No problem at all....I do have a problem with Al Sharpton, Governor Patterson, and others who jump on the political correctness bandwagon for personal gain from this.

Obama is not a chimpanzee......and I feel bad for the chimp as his stupid owner fed him Zanax and he had a reaction to the meds he was being given for lime disease.....

Obama couldn't be in this cartoon....he's too busy campaigning across the country for his failed bailout package that will drive future generations even further into the hole !

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by houndog
    No problem at all....I do have a problem with Al Sharpton, Governor Patterson, and others who jump on the political correctness bandwagon for personal gain from this.

Obama is not a chimpanzee......and I feel bad for the chimp as his stupid owner fed him Zanax and he had a reaction to the meds he was being given for lime disease.....

Obama couldn't be in this cartoon....he's too busy campaigning across the country for his failed bailout package that will drive future generations even further into the hole !
    Another Limbaugh LOSER!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ann-pe..._b_167119.html

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Professional Poster

ChefMike... I have to just laugh at what a pathetic race-baiting loser you are.

Rookie Poster

ChefMike......you are a pathetic loser......get real and try and understand what this Administration is doing to future generations....who cares about you and your losing liberal attitude !

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ottorocket
    ChefMike... I have to just laugh at what a pathetic race-baiting loser you are.
    Loser? Time to check the news, dittohead. Whose got the mandate now, bitch?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe