Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by clarknog
    Probably just echoing stated opinions, but here is mine.

While most folks with a basic level of understanding of government would know that the president would not have authored the stimulus bill, because Obama has touted this bill loudly and repeatedly, it will be considered "his". So it follows, a dead chimp along with that caption, will be viewed by many as him. And let us not all pretend that this concept escaped the cartoonist. And let us also not pretend blacks were viewed for many years as animals (specifically apes and monkeys. Porch monkey ring a bell?) or less that animals.
    +1

Right, most people think he wrote it... and the cartoonist knows this.

The ageold practice of depicting black people as apes- and SLAIN ones at that, makes this an open and shut case.

People who dont think that the cartoonist was in some way attacking PRESIDENT OBAMA, are undermining his intelligence.
    He's racist, not dumb.

I guess I'm a racist because I think this is funny!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1694_bush_monkey_123.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	226834  

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa87

Right, most people think he wrote it...
    Are most people that stupid? You aren't giving the public much credit here. The bailout has been all over the news, even months before obama took office.

Besides everyone knows that presidents don't write bills, they sign them. Anyone who doesn't know that is too stupid for their opinion to matter.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dgs925

Are most people that stupid? You aren't giving the public much credit here. The bailout has been all over the news, even months before obama took office.

Besides everyone knows that presidents don't write bills, they sign them. Anyone who doesn't know that is too stupid for their opinion to matter.
    i think most people are that stupid.
    and so does the cartoonist.

Rookie Poster

Have you met the public recently? Talk to a few people in a few places, and you too will realize the public is that stupid. It amazes me that most can drive and chew gum without killing themselves. And you want them to understand government?

Clark - No glasses

I'm the devil on your shoulder!

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by clarknog

Have you met the public recently? Talk to a few people in a few places, and you too will realize the public is that stupid. It amazes me that most can drive and chew gum without killing themselves. And you want them to understand government?

Clark - No glasses
    I'm sad to say you are probably right. Most people have no idea of the context the artist was thinking in. So they revert to what they know and bam... racism is the only possible explanation.

Let me ask this. How many of our public affairs analyst here listen to any talk radio? Any Stephanie Miller, or Bill Press? Their liberal democrats not politically objectionable to most here at all... How many read the actual news paper on a regular basis? :-/ I'm not asking this to be a asshole but real talk how many commenting here did that in the last two month's?

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    True. No race is free of racism. But come on in politics you have to have a thick skin. I mean think about it. If you are president, even if you win by a landslide there will still be Millions of people who will hate you, and Millions more who just don't think you can do the job and not vote for you.

I'll bet us here are paying more attention to this than Barrack is.

Actually no you don't need to have a thick skin. Politics needs to be about issues and not personal attacks. Remove that ad you solve the problem. If we didn't have career politicians it would not be as nasty as it is now.

Platinum Poster

while yes i got the idea in my head "shot up monkey = barrack" ... reading the text and how it was used should be clear to anyone w/ an IQ over the monkey depicted that the monkey doesnt represent the prez... it represents the "clown" or the "idiot" that wrote the bill

getting the idea of obama as the monkey was bc of my own knowledge of racial terms..... not bc i senced a dig at the prez

Junior Poster

Not a problem for me at all......