Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold Poster

Merrell shoes, for a casual dress down Friday, huh?
    Well, what kind of terrain will your shoes encounter in this office? Is your office thermostat set above the high teens? What activities are likely to take place in this office, beside rock climbing and spelunking? Um, how many single women work alongside you? ...You do care what women think of your shoes, right?

Seriously, unless you work in a sporting goods store or ski shop, leave the Merrell type shoe to the the weekend groups in search of Yeti.
    There are plenty -- PLENTY -- of casual leather upper shoes that go well with jeans or Docker/khaki type trousers. My personal favorites are certain models from Rockport. They are stylish(*), lightweight, COMFORTABLE, and durable. Rockport, along with Nunn Bush and the shoes I am currently wearing, Bostonian, make some great shoes, which not only scream casual, but also aren't too hard on your pocketbook.

There's my two cents on this matter. Just keep in mind that many women claim to judge a man by his shoes, so maybe you are better off beginning this topic with a "Women Only" heading. They'll certainly let you know.

* Of course, style is in the eye of the beholder here.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TsJennifer
    well when you go shopping with a bf you pay attention to the things they like.
    LOL Jennifer

But dear, when you go shopping with a BF he's supposed to be buying YOU shoes!

Hugs and giggles,
    TS Jamie

Veteran Poster

Thanks alot everyone for the replies. I notice many of you have listed the brand of shoes, can you also include the model that you like? I hope I am not asking for too much. Thanks for your help.

Gold Poster

... Speaking of shoes, here is my recent purchase of "dress" shoes from a few months ago. Style, at a very, VERY affordable price, and they do go well with jeans too.

http://www.zappos.com/n/multi_view.c...&ref=multi-pic

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R
    Thanks alot everyone for the replies. I notice many of you have listed the brand of shoes, can you also include the model that you like? I hope I am not asking for too much. Thanks for your help.
    Just take a woman along, Floyd. Jeez, Louise.

Rookie Poster

May I recommend the tan leather:

http://www.stevemadden.com/item.aspx?id=47305

Quote Originally Posted by justatransgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by TsJennifer
    well when you go shopping with a bf you pay attention to the things they like.
    LOL Jennifer

But dear, when you go shopping with a BF he's supposed to be buying YOU shoes!

Hugs and giggles,
    TS Jamie

Lol.... oh no girl i wouldnt wear those shoes....lol not quite my style!

Are causal shoes related to cruel shoes?

Rookie Poster

Default Regarding your question about shoes

I'm in the shoe business. In fact I'm at a big trade show for shoes right now. Many of the brands that everyone is talking about have good shoes. The Madden shoes might look good but that company works with low cost factories to produce the best profit possible not the best shoes possible. Not as comfortable as the other brands mentioned. But the truth of the matter is that not every shoe is for every foot. You need to shop the stores, try things on and buy what you like and more important what fits your foot.

Junior Poster

Default Re: Regarding your question about shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Roadwarrior
    I'm in the shoe business. In fact I'm at a big trade show for shoes right now. Many of the brands that everyone is talking about have good shoes. The Madden shoes might look good but that company works with low cost factories to produce the best profit possible not the best shoes possible. Not as comfortable as the other brands mentioned. But the truth of the matter is that not every shoe is for every foot. You need to shop the stores, try things on and buy what you like and more important what fits your foot.
    With the inside track is there a some brands that are styling, and have a lot of value...

<^ . .^>
    ( İvİ )