Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Poster

Lifemember

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by justin
    People should remember that many homeless persons begging on the street are mentally ill, often refuse to take medication and may also be substance abusers. This includes veterans who risked their lives for us, and have been abandoned by our righteous government leaders. Our social service system has been greatly eroded over the years, starting with that selfish bastard Ronald Reagan and his moral majority supporters. Without a humane social service system, this problem will not get any better. This January over 600,000 lost their jobs. I wonder how many of these will be homeless by this time next year.
    Exactly!! Especially your points about that piece of shit Reagan. The compassion in this thread isn't exactly overwhelming...but I guess that's just a reflection of the OP's Marie Antoinette mindset...nevertheless, karma(like people) can be a bitch sometimes...werd...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Veteran Poster

I don't know I have always been kinda torn on the whole "Homeless" issue while it isn't a big problem where I live, due to a small population, local private agencies willing to help and over all pride, there are several homeless that are just truly down on their luck and there are several that are just plain manipulators.

While I have never had a bad run in with any homeless person I am still very skeptical about giving them any attention mainly due to something my Mother pointed out to me one time when I gave money to a homeless person with a sign "will work for food". She told me look at his shoes, I did and saw that he was wearing brand new shoes that cost in the neighborhood of 50-60 dollars. So from that date on, I have always looked at them with an weary eye. Now i help out my lawyer friend who handles VA claims ( which is a percentage of homeless in my area) and we help the situation that way. My money is earned way to hard to give it to a scammer. Not a perfect solution but it works

TES
    William

Harmless_pervert

Sorry if i offended ye, no wait I am not sorry, being offended is your problem not mine.

I feel veteran who are homeless are any nations biggest shame. Train, send em off to do things most people could never, ever do, and once the job is done, send em packing. Those who stand and fight for our respective nations, who are ready to risk their lives, if they canbnot care for themselves, they should be cared for comfortably (and with dignity) by the state untill they have passed on. My Dad was a WWII vet who dies in poverty, I know Brits who have served in the Gulf and now can't even find shelter let alone food. These are the people who protected our nations and ideals, and our children. Shame on every gov't.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tao1kiku
    I feel veteran who are homeless are any nations biggest shame. Train, send em off to do things most people could never, ever do, and once the job is done, send em packing. Those who stand and fight for our respective nations, who are ready to risk their lives, if they canbnot care for themselves, they should be cared for comfortably (and with dignity) by the state untill they have passed on. My Dad was a WWII vet who dies in poverty, I know Brits who have served in the Gulf and now can't even find shelter let alone food. These are the people who protected our nations and ideals, and our children. Shame on every gov't.
    Well said.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

"It's a conspiracy" Chefff

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

I've been homeless before it sucks.

People often times have this idea that they are immune from tragedy and proceed to categorize homeless people as others, as if one car crash or month in jail wouldn't land them on the street.

This is especially true for young TS who are much more likely to have no access to employment or family support and often times have to deal with sketchy places to stay. Minor setbacks can oftentimes became tragic.