Platinum Poster

Default possibly visiting houston

Hey whats up im thinking of visiting Houston soon.... any good recomendations,

i plan on staying in the Galleria District,

Bars, nightlife, favorite hotel ? any must scenes ? good food ? tran scene ?

its been a few years since ive been there so i dont remember much and things change

thnx -j
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Platinum Poster

Houston, we have a problem...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Veteran Poster

Default Re: possibly visiting houston

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    Hey whats up im thinking of visiting Houston soon.... any good recomendations,

i plan on staying in the Galleria District,

Bars, nightlife, favorite hotel ? any must scenes ? good food ? tran scene ?

its been a few years since ive been there so i dont remember much and things change

thnx -j
    Why stay there I think bitchney has room for you lol..... J.K Have fun.

Junior Poster

Jen me and Yao Ming are gonna hit some tranny bars come join us. I will be there 1st week of March

Rookie Poster

Lounge called 713, Houston is great but the people can be a bit closed minded on regards to alternative lifestyles, as as I can tell the tran scene is not as prevalent as in other Metros . As far as food Fogo De Gao is a great Brazilian place on Westhiemer. Catch some lunch at Yia Yia Marys' which is a really good greek restaurant. Demassis is also a realy good Mediterranean cuisine. As far as Hotels, almost anything off of 610 and Westhiemer/San Felipe is sure fire win.

There used to be an even at the Meridian (www.meridianhouston.com) once a month called Rent that would attract the LGBT crowd. I loved going because they played nothing but house/deep-soulful house/tech and there were no retards trying to be cool or hard. You may want to hit up South Beach for a really good LGBT scene and then finish up with some Sushi at Ra which is not too far from the area, if not go to House of Pies which is a 24 hour breakfast spot not too far down Westhiemer. I haven't been to South beach yet and have been living out here for 3 years while I finish school but it was voted Houston's best nightclub 2 years in a row. That says alot being that its a predominantly gay club.

All in all I love Houston but I'm looking to move in the future, the House music scene is just not as prevalent as other Metros and that's a big deal for me considering I DJ on and off and need a good nightlife. The music just so happens to be enjoyed by LGBT crowds more and I love it, my ex-girlfriend couldn't stand the fact that I had gay friends and that's generally the sentiment around here if you live outside of the Montrose area.

Wish I lived in SoCal.

Platinum Poster

im in houston tonight until saturday

if you wanna meet im sure you can figure out where to get my number

Rookie Poster

hello there babe,,,, I am just arriving in Houston so I will call you today,, I hope we can meet together

take care