Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Default Are you a victim of the Recession?

We are...

Our landlord let our condo go into foreclosure and our home of the past 3 1/2 years is going to get sold in about 10 days.

This so totally sucks. If we don't buy the place at an overly inflated price we will have to move in 60 days. Meanwhile we are getting process servers at the door trying to find the landlord to sue him, and mail addressed to "the Resident of the FORECLOSED property at..." and the nasty Condo Association has posted our unit as delinquent on the bulletin board.

We have always paid our rent ahead and tried to be good tenants and neighbors - and now everybody in the complex thinks we are deadbeats. Meanwhile our landlord has been pocketing our rent for the past 9 months.

Is anybody else losing their home because of greedy banks or landlords?

I say NO BAILOUT, let the whole damn mess fail. Then those of us left standing can pick up the scraps and make some money.

Sigh,
    TS Jamie

5 Star Poster

Of course there is a silver lining to this mess I guess.

I'll be getting a new IP address soon - so I'll be able to create an alias and talk shit behind everyone's back...

Giggles,
    TS Jamie

Veteran Poster

No, I bought a home in the mid 90's and paid it off in 10 years with extra principal so I'm ok there until the big repairs start rolling in...
    Renting vs owning, probably no easy answer there...we bought with a mind toward owning to live there, not flip..

But certainly took a bath in the market, along with everyone else!

Platinum Poster

wow........ girl that sux

when i lived in houston i had a nice apt downtown and one day i went to get the mail and there as a letter in it that said the owners had sold the building and we had 10 days to vacate

i was luckily able to move into my bf at the time parents house but i was scared for a few days there

not cool at all... however i did jack about 4 large bathroom mirrors from mine and another unit that had been left unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by justatransgirl
    Of course there is a silver lining to this mess I guess.

I'll be getting a new IP address soon - so I'll be able to create an alias and talk shit behind everyone's back...

Giggles,
    TS Jamie
    Bitch. :P

Seriously, you aren't the only ones stuck in this cesspool. An Ohio sheriff bucked protocol when he realized he was evicting renters of units that were being foreclosed on the =LANDLORDS=. Take your case to the sheriff's office and explain the situation. It may not be a cure, but it could buy you some time.

Renters are in the shit now because of this nonsense. You can't have a handle on your landlord's finances and too many people are getting a knock on the door from the County Sheriff. Get up in the face of the municipal/county court and you may be able to at least slow the eviction process.

Best of luck.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Silver Poster

HIGHJACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Platinum Poster

mimi affected someone much like the recession affected others

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    mimi affected someone much like the recession affected others

WHAT WHAT WHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mimipinkpanther2_115.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	224312  

Platinum Poster

"hows that home equity loan working out for ya, bah-bay?"

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    "hows that home equity loan working out for ya, bah-bay?"
    NOT COOL