Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default Obama has already failed

Just look at then advisors he brought in. The Same people that caused the problems we are in today. Obama is like a fighter that has taken a dive for the money he basicly sold out.

Junior Poster

What did you expect from a chi town politician , same as it ever was in reality , 2 years this bad experience will be over , people wil say well the republicans were not so bad after all , it goes from incompetence on the right to people on the left who scare you because they are competent and you don't want that , Bush was right in intent just horrible execution, i fear the dems are horrible on intent and great at execution ! of my , the world is in trouble !

Well I can't recall Obama saying that he was going to drop the charges against any USS Cole bombers during the run up to the election .. you know when he wanted to get people to vote for him. Strange that, eh ..

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I seem to recall a repeated campaign promise to close Gitmo and put an end to torture. I also seem to remember the pundits fretting about the legal status of the prisoners should Gitmo be shut down. So all of this has been before the public eye well before the election. It’s one of the campaign promises that put Obama in the White House. It’s true that during the campaign, Obama didn’t say he was dropping charges against the bombers of the USS Cole. It’s also true that he’s not saying it now. Suspending the proceedings is not the same as dropping charges. The last administration extracted confessions and allegations from Gitmo prisoners through the use of torture. Military lawyers were indignant with the Bush administration’s constraints on the defense and representation of the prisoners. The closing of Gitmo, which U.S. citizens voted for in the last election, will create additional complexities. It seems only reasonable that any new administration would want to review the trial procedures before continuing. Of course, had we treated these prisoners, years ago, like human beings charged with grievous crimes and granted them their due process instead of storing them in Guantanamo like so many cases of canned peaches, we wouldn’t be faced with this perplexing problem today.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Stimulous plan could ban guns for millions of americans: http://www.prisonplanet.com/%e2%80%9...americans.html

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Actually you should read some of thx's spam. It's hilarious. I can't believe you guys are taken in by this stuff.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

There is no failure or success in any position in less than one month is there?Geroge Steinbrenner would not even fire a Yankees manager in a month.What more and more people are discovering is that the government that wants them to pay taxes,serve in the military,and take the bulk of the economic hits which keep coming really does not give a damn about them.
    They are and will find this to be true regardless of their age,race,and position in life as long as they are responsible individuals.
    The government does not award responsibility.It awards ineptitude on a daily basis.It has done it the last several decades and will continue.
    I am awaiting Pres. Obama's comments Wednesday in Phoenix about plans to curb foreclosures and kickstart the housing industry.I am currently building a house and selling my residence.I am a contrarian (obviously) when it comes to economics and investing.
    Being a contrarian saved me during the internet bubble of the late 90's when companies who continued to make huge gains in share price continually reported NO significant income.I took my humble little profits and ran like hell.
    The three ares where immediate turnarounds are needed in this country are construction,the auto industry,and the education system.I am willing to see what the new administration sets forth,but I am not buying into our governmentast,present,or future.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    Actually you should read some of thx's spam. It's hilarious. I can't believe you guys are taken in by this stuff.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thxtinfoils_office_162.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	160.8 KB 
ID:	225439  

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Quote Originally Posted by JelenaCD
    What did you expect from a chi town politician , same as it ever was in reality , 2 years this bad experience will be over , people wil say well the republicans were not so bad after all , it goes from incompetence on the right to people on the left who scare you because they are competent and you don't want that , Bush was right in intent just horrible execution, i fear the dems are horrible on intent and great at execution ! of my , the world is in trouble !
    Bush was wrong on intent, also. They had discussed plans to invade Iraq, before 9/11. The goal was to control oil supplies, and establish American dominance in the region. What they did not take into account was the blowback effect of strengthening the ultra-conservative Islamic faction.

In the news today is that the central government of Pakistan is granting concessions to the Pakistani Taliban, basically allowing regions to operate under Sharia Law. You can’t tell me that pictures and stories of dead Iraqis have not helped their cause.

How can you say the Democrats have bad intent and execution? Look at the difference in the economy, at the end of Clinton’s eight years and the end of Bush’s eight. The Democratic intention has been to include labor and working class people in plans of prosperity. Maybe it does not work as well in their execution, but the intention has always been there through the support of labor groups.

I still say that the current economic meltdown was the end result of the Republican philosophies which took root under Reagan. It basically said that anything that profits the rich is good for everyone.

One one can turn around the results of a disaster in less than one month. My only disagreement with Obama’s policies so far, is the continued bombing inside the country of an ally, Pakistan. We wouldnt allow anyone to do that to us.