Alex Jones
    AKA Alex Emric Jones

Born: 11-Feb-1974
    Birthplace: Austin, TX

Race or Ethnicity: White
    Sexual orientation: Straight

Nationality: United States
    Executive summary: Conspiracy theorist for a buck

Alex Jones is a man with a mission. An old friend of the late comedian Bill Hicks, Jones is pissed off because Americans refuse to wake up and recognize the dire straits we're in. He urges his listeners to face the shadowy organizations which are secretly finalizing their takeover of our government. You can catch a distillation of his basic message in the rotoscoped Richard Linklater cartoon feature Waking Life. A digitally-animated Jones cruises the city streets in a sedan with roof-mounted speakers while the public address system blares his angry diatribe.

In the real world, Jones is nothing more than your typical irascible, bombastic radio shock jock. The only difference is that Jones replaces the ordinary vulgarities and titillations with preposterous conspiracy theories. His method is to mix these in with legitimate issues (like encroaching government surveillance and the latest bioethical controversies), in order to maintain a veneer of credibility. It's clearly just his shtick. He has a proven track record of latching onto trendy new lunacies time and again in hopes of keeping his audience's attention. Are there RFID chips hidden in American currency? Is FEMA making plans to round up the entire civilian population? Jones' website says so.

Of course, nobody genuinely believes all the crazy notions Jones professes. No one can be that credulous. (Okay, you're right: David Icke -- but that guy has a documented history of mental problems. Incidentally, Jones believes that Icke's ravings only serve to further the aims of the global elites: "He's either a smart opportunist con man, or he's totally insane, or he's working for them directly." Which is precisely how people should regard Jones, except for those last two options.)

The background surrounding Jones' most famous journalistic coup is described in Jon Ronson's nonfiction book Them: Adventures with Extremists. The author describes coordinating an infiltration of the annual Bohemian Grove celebration in 2000. Jones and his TV producer tagged along with Ronson, and all three men managed to slip past security and witness the festivities. Jones posted the clandestine video they shot on his website and Ronson wrote up his experience as a partycrasher for Esquire magazine.

Local resident and longtime Bohemian Grove critic Mary Moore, who made this covert operation possible by furnishing a hand-drawn map of the area and some detailed notes, was flabbergasted by the reports. She wrote Ronson:

"The tone of both pieces is silly and irreverent and makes it sound as though the whole goal is to get inside the Grove. Aside from the fact that Mr. Jones is NOT the first person to do this as he claims, our goal has never been to get inside. The point of our protests has always been to educate the public about who these men are, the policy issues floated at the Lakeside Talks and the enormous profits they make at the expense of the rest of us. [...] In a way I don't blame Alex Jones as much since he is obviously a fool that is making his living off of sensationalism. [...] I thought you were serious journalists but if you were it's hard to understand why you would associate with anyone as wacko as Mr. Jones. "

Amen, sister.

Wife: Violet Nichols

Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee

FILMOGRAPHY AS ACTOR
    A Scanner Darkly (25-May-2006)
    Waking Life (23-Jan-2001) [VOICE]

Official Website:
    http://www.infowars.com/

http://www.nndb.com/people/969/000048825/

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Platinum Poster

I remember the first time that I ever heard of Alex Jones...several years ago I had this acid casualty named James who washed dishes and occasionally helped with prep work...we were talking about websites and such when what passed for an idea suddenly came to him...and lo and behold you could almost see a dim lightbulb come on over on his shaggy head...suddenly he hastily scribbled down the infowars address on a discarded server's ticket that lay nearby...I couldn't have asked for a more appropriate introduction to Jones and his audience/acolytes...

So what is your point exactly? That since a dishwasher is below you on the "grand restaraunt pecking order", and that he had shaggy hair; makes it impossible for him to have any relevant knowledge or be aware of any info that isn't a bunch of BS? Boy Chef, this Alex Jones guy and the information he discusses really tickles a nerve within you, huh? Seems to consume you... I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    I remember the first time that I ever heard of Alex Jones...several years ago I had this acid casualty named James who washed dishes and occasionally helped with prep work...we were talking about websites and such when what passed for an idea suddenly came to him...and lo and behold you could almost see a dim lightbulb come on over on his shaggy head...suddenly he hastily scribbled down the infowars address on a discarded server's ticket that lay nearby...I couldn't have asked for a more appropriate introduction to Jones and his audience/acolytes...
    I had a similar experience with another Jonestard on New Year 2007. A friend (who unfortunately mutated into one of them as well) introduced him and so we began to talk about politics and the usual crap at a bar. This dude freaked completely out. He began to bark about how everyone doesn´t want to see the truth and how we´re all under the influence of the mass media that is controlled by secret organisations, except himself of course. It went so far that he began to shout at people and openly insult them. Such nobodies think they finally found the sense of life and are supposed to go on a mission which remembers me of the over-night-heroes like in "The Mask" or "Army of Darkness". It wouldn´t surprise me if Jones starts a religious cult like L. Ron Hubbard with David Icke as their prophet who exposes Allanah Starr as an alien.

mmm ok...

what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    BEEP BEEP!

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Coroner
    Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    I had a similar experience with another Jonestard on New Year 2007. A friend (who unfortunately mutated into one of them as well) introduced him and so we began to talk about politics and the usual crap at a bar. This dude freaked completely out. He began to bark about how everyone doesn´t want to see the truth and how we´re all under the influence of the mass media that is controlled by secret organisations, except himself of course. It went so far that he began to shout at people and openly insult them. Such nobodies think they finally found the sense of life and are supposed to go on a mission which remembers me of the over-night-heroes like in "The Mask" or "Army of Darkness". It wouldn´t surprise me if Jones starts a religious cult like L. Ron Hubbard with David Icke as their prophet who exposes Allanah Starr as an alien.
    He's halfway there already....apparently there's no shortage of mindless tinfoil warriors blindly following Jones like lemmings to the sea...will they ever realize what gullible dupes they've been? Nino doesn't show any signs of that ever happening...the boy done drank too much of that cuckoo kool-aid I reckon...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tinfoil_warrior_152.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	223447  

Again:

Dude, you are out of your mind. You are like a broken record. All you do is attack the individual poster, not the content. Why is Ron Paul a lunatic? Why does supporting a humble foreign policy put somebody on the lunatic fringe? Why does questioning the authenticity of mainstream news reports and the motives behind them, make somebody crazy? Why does bringing up issues that are not "politically correct" or that challenge "conventional theory" make you immediately result to insults or ad hominem attacks? Why is thinking for oneself such a bad thing to do Chef? Huh? Why is pointing out the fact that Obama is surrounded by corporatists and the same elites that "shrubya" was embedded with, make somebody "batshit" crazy? Why is somebody who advocates freedom, the Bill of Rights and limited government involvment, a meth addict who lives in a bunker? Nice smearing techniques boss, but me and many others on this little board see right through you. Your opinion is meager and grossly unsubstantiated. You are the joke.
    You're a foolish misinformed pig who believes his stance is the final say. Its people like you that support a dysfunctional system (be it left or right) and buy every political talking point, that are largely responsible for the decline. It would be wise to put your allegiances with the Constitution and not the Cult of personality Obama. Have fun watching it all unfold dog...

BEEP BEEP!

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LG
    I believe that posting a link to something by David Icke (he of the reptilian humanoid theories) totally invalidates an argument and whoever is making it. Sorry El Nino, but I can't take you seriously anymore after this.

Nice Try. Way to play dodgeball once again... Go cook up some more BS, Chef

BEEP BEEP!

El Nino: Mike has NO proof. His only job here is to shout insults and denigrate people. What a way to earn cigarette money! No ethics, no brains.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.