Duncan, Ginobili Lead Spurs to 110-105 OT Win

Feb 3, 2:37 AM (ET)

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -Tim Duncan managed to find an extra reserve of energy for a final spurt in overtime, and that made all the difference for the San Antonio Spurs.

Duncan scored five of his season high-matching 32 points in overtime and the Spurs overcame a 12-point deficit in the fourth quarter to beat the Golden State Warriors 110-105 on Monday night.

"They want to get up and down and they move bodies in and out of there," said Duncan, who fouled out with 3:17 remaining in the overtime. "It's very tiring and they know that. They really push the tempo, and it was a great win for us, after making a game out of it and getting a victory somehow."

Manu Ginobili also had a season-high 32 points as the Spurs won their fourth straight, ninth in 10 games overall and third straight on the road. Tony Parker had 23 points. Duncan added 15 rebounds for his 30th double-double.

"(Ginobili) is really finding his stride and been playing great the last five or six games," Duncan said. "It looks like he's feeling good about it and is getting back to the basket a lot more which is only going to help us."

Stephen Jackson scored a season-high 33 points for the Warriors, who were trying to beat the Spurs at home three straight for the first time in 21 years. Monta Ellis, who left the game with a sprained ankle, added 17 points.

"We had the game right there, where we wanted," Jackson said. "We gave ourselves a great shot and we have to take it for what it's worth."

C.J. Watson's driving jumper at 8:39 put Golden State ahead 89-77 but the Warriors failed to score over the next six minutes, allowing the Spurs to tie it with 3:32 remaining in the fourth quarter.

"Jack was really killing us those first three quarters," Ginobili said. "We started making him work harder for every shot and we rotated better. Down the stretch we got the rebounds and we moved the ball better but defense was a big difference."

Jackson's jumper with 1:02 left gave the Warriors a 95-91 lead but Ginobili sank all four of his foul shots in the final 49 seconds of regulation and Jackson's lean-in jumper at the buzzer fell short, sending the game into overtime.

"I got fouled," Jackson said. "I took the shot and he hit my arm. I guess I'm not good enough to get that call."

The Warriors opened a 64-52 lead less than four minutes into the second half before Ginobili found his range and helped rally San Antonio to 79-75 heading into the final period.

"I don't know that we could have played much better," Warriors' coach Don Nelson said. "When you have a team like that on the ropes you have to finish them off."

The Spurs, away from home for 19 days because of a stockshow and rodeo, opened the trip with the win at Golden State. They will have played 14 of their last 17 games on the road by the time they return to San Antonio for a game against the Dallas Mavericks on Feb. 24.

Ronnie Turiaf's block of Duncan's shot with 6:14 remaining in the second quarter sparked a 9-0 run that was part of a larger 13-2 spurt that put the Warriors up by six.

Golden State held onto the lead, taking a 52-48 advantage into the intermission. ^Notes: Duncan's 17 first-quarter points were a season high for a Spurs' player in any quarter. Ginobili then scored 17 in the third quarter. ... The Warriors have not beaten the Spurs in three consecutive home games since a six-game streak between March 4, 1986-April 5, 1988. ... Spurs' rookie G Malik Hairston appeared in his second career NBA contest and recorded his first assist in 1:54 of playing time. ... Warriors' F Brandan Wright missed his 12th consecutive game since sustaining a partial dislocation of his left shoulder. ... Parker, Ginobili and Duncan are the only Spurs to lead the team in scoring in the past 31 games. ... Jackson's 16 third-quarter points matched the Warriors' season high for a player. He was also called for his 13th technical foul of the year, more than the rest of the Warriors combined. ... Ginobili was 11-of-12 from the foul line, all after halftime, but had a streak of 40 consecutive free throws end when he missed one late in the third quarter.