Martin Helps Kings End Eight-game Skid

Feb 1, 7:13 PM (ET)

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -Kevin Martin played a key role in his favorite birthday present Sunday.

Martin scored 37 points on his 26th birthday and the Sacramento Kings beat Oklahoma City 122-118 in overtime, ending an eight-game losing streak.

"It was great, it was wonderful it happened on my birthday," Martin said. "Everyone knows we've been struggling, so anytime we are able to get a win we are happy."

Bobby Jackson had six of his 11 points in overtime for Sacramento, which held a players-only meeting on Saturday. The veteran guard put the Kings ahead for good with a floater in the lane and followed with a jumper to make it 120-116 with 1:42 left.

"I think it helped," Spencer Hawes said of the team meeting. "We came out and battled from the beginning. At times we played almost too unselfishly. But the big thing was we got the win."

Russell Westbrook had a career-high 34 points and added eight assists for the Thunder, who had six wins in their previous 10 games. Kevin Durant scored 33, Jeff Green had 28 points and 13 rebounds, and Nick Collison added 10 points and 14 boards.

"We had an incredible offensive performance, but that means nothing if we don't go down there and stop them from scoring," Thunder coach Scott Brooks said.

Green made a terrific play to help send the game to overtime tied at 112. Instead of letting the Thunder attempt a 3-pointer and potentially tie the game, the Kings fouled Green immediately. He went to the line with 2 seconds left, made his first free throw and got the rebound on the second, securing the ball in midair before putting in an 8-footer.

Shelden Williams missed on the other end for Sacramento, leading to the extra session.

"Coach told me to make the first and miss the second," Green said. "It was a coach rule and I followed it."

Hawes started in place of Brad Miller (abdominal strain) and had 13 points and seven rebounds. Francisco Garcia had 17 points, and Jason Thompson scored 15. Both Garcia and Thompson fouled out in the fourth quarter.

The Kings were without starters Miller and Beno Udrih (bruised calf). Rookie point guard Bobby Brown made his first NBA start in place of Udrih, but was ineffective, scoring two points in 21 minutes. Jackson stepped in to make the difference.

"I have been restful the last couple of games," Jackson said. "I had a little bit of energy coming out today, but I always feel comfortable with the ball in my hands and making plays."

Westbrook scored 11 in the third as Oklahoma City outscored the Kings 33-29 in the period to pull within two. ^

Notes:

Salmons made a 3-pointer in the third to go over the 4,000-point mark for his career. Two quick fouls on Thompson sent the Kings rookie to the bench with five fouls three minutes into the third quarter. ... Westbrook made 19 free throws, a record for Kings opponents in the Sacramento era.

Kevin Martin scored 37 points and the Sacramento Kings beat Oklahoma City 122-118 in overtime Sunday, ending an eight-game losing streak.

Bobby Jackson had six of his 11 points in overtime. The veteran guard put the Kings ahead for good with a floater in the lane and followed with a jumper to make it 120-116 with 1:42 left.

Russell Westbrook had a career-high 34 points and added eight assists for the Thunder, who had six wins in their previous 10 games. Kevin Durant scored 33, Jeff Green had 28 points and 13 rebounds, and Nick Collison added 10 points and 14 boards.

Green made a terrific play to help send the game to overtime tied at 112. He went to the line with 2 seconds left, made his first free throw and got the rebound on the second, securing the ball in midair before putting in an 8-footer.

Shelden Williams missed on the other end for Sacramento, leading to the extra session.

Francisco Garcia had 17 points, Jason Thompson scored 15 and Spencer Hawes finished with 13 for the Kings. Both Garcia and Thompson fouled out in the fourth quarter.

The Kings played without starters Brad Miller (abdominal strain) and Beno Udrih (bruised calf). Rookie point guard Bobby Brown made his first NBA start in place of Udrih.

Westbrook scored 11 in the third as Oklahoma City outscored the Kings 33-29 in the period to pull within two.

Notes:

Salmons made a 3-pointer in the third to go over the 4,000-point mark for his career. Two quick fouls on Thompson sent the Kings rookie to the bench with five fouls three minutes into the third quarter. Westbrook made 19 free throws, a record for Kings opponents in the Sacramento era.