Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ryz
    the blank screen strikes again...
    you know you dont have to stupidly press f5 when you see it

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

The problem with all these "data" sites is that they can only collect data from those who allow them to infect their computer with data collection software (essentially spyware) which allows pretty much any info they want to collect about what you are doing back to the data collection company. So, in essence, these numbers represent the amount of idiots on any given site.

Just because you don't know about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist: http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...=asc&start=158

excuse me? my PC got completely infected with spyware.
    and the chick who fixed it said it was nothing I did that actually caused it. you can get from paying your cell phone bill online

I don't believe all of their data collected is 100% accurate.

Veteran Poster

But surely such arguments can't be completely accurate. And can they actually peek at all the cookies on your computer? Surely not. That sounds too much like a Big Brother scenario.

And how can they tell if you're black or white?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A tracking cookie can provide information of the other sites that you've visited. Nothing wrong with that as the information isn't considered personally identifiable. If you were a business with a web presence, it would be very adventageous to know what other products,review sites or competitors your visitors had previously browsed and some inferences of your visitor's demographics.

Now for a moment hit the drop down bar on your URL/address bar and take a look at the recent activity of just domains you've typed. Do the same with your recent history for the day. Try that on somone elses of the opposite gender. Big difference. News and political sites tell you quite a bit about political leanings. Commercial websites tell much about affluence,interests,and disposable income. Social networking,music,and entertainment can provide information on age group. Websites such as this have vouluntary sexual content ratings. .gov and .edu and domains catering to intellectual discourse provide inferences into relative education level. Domains catering to ethnic groups or afro interests indicate ethnicity or color. Visited domains specifically in another language indicate fluency in another language and multiculturalism. Arts,crafts,fasion,home,health,gossip,etc profile female.
    Tech,news,sports,sex,trade,& more sex profile male. GLBT domains profile sexual preference.

There used to be a line that went something like "you can tell a lot about a man by looking at his checkbook". Very true. You sure can tell a lot about a person just by the domains they visit. With software to sift through all of the registered urls visited recently before arriving at this website give a wealth of info about the user.