Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Poster

Default Where the Road of Unreason Leads

http://www.fontcraft.com/idiotwars/?p=116

I’ve written before that I believe that Alex Jones, the John Birch Society, groups like 9/11 Truth and the more extreme elements of the Ron Paul movement are potential precursors to the kind of virulent, cult-like nationalism which launched the Fascists and the Nazis into power in the middle of the last century. Their creation of imaginary enemy groups and oppressive elites are part of a program to forge a shared identity for their followers and promote a mood of constant, irrational outrage. By divorcing their followers from reality and offering themselves up as the source of the only true answers, these demagogues lay the foundation for the kind of populist movement which starts out demanding freedom and ends up enslaving everyone.

It begins with angry mobs of idealists demanding freedom and decrying shadowy enemies of the people. The next step is blind obedience to a leader who promises to give them that freedom and destroy those enemies. The next step is the widening of the definition of the enemy to include almost everyone. The final step is an authoritarian state where freedom has become slavery in the grand Orwellian tradition and all power rests in the hands of a supreme leader and his inner circle of loyalists. Hitler and Mussolini and Lenin and Robespierre all started this way, promising to free their people from oppressive government and the business elite and the priests and the jews and the aristocrats who conspired against them. They all ended up the same way as well, in blood and war and destruction.

As an example of where these movements might be going, I offer the Grant Kidney Revolution, an amazing site from a would be demagogue who espouses what appears to be the same kind of paranoid quasi-libertarianism as Alex Jones, Lou Dobbs, Ron Paul and their followers, but at the same time is unabashed about his overwhelming desire to be a modern-day Hitler. It’s possible that Kidney’s site, books and videos are all part of an elaborate and absolutely brilliant deep satire of the political fringe, but if it’s satire it hits far too close to the truth to be funny.

I’m not suggesting that there is anyone out there who follows Kidney or takes him at all seriously, but he is a poster boy for what the next step beyond Infowars.com and the Ron Paul Revolution is likely to look like. If he were a bit less obviously Hitlerian and had a wider audience and some followers he’d be truly scary. And he’s only a hair’s breadth farther down the same road that Jones and Paul and their followers are taking the first steps on.

Demagoguery and delusion are a powerful combination. Once you get people accepting lies as truth it’s not a big step to get them to accept slavery as freedom and evil as good. Groups like 9/11 Truth and the John Birch Society have shown that they can sell the big lie to an awful lot of people. Leaders like Alex Jones and Ron Paul have shown that they can capitalize on it to make money and launch political movements. If conditions are right and a strong and charismatic leader arises to spread the delusion and capitalize on the lies, the groundwork has been laid and the foot soldiers have already been recruited to take such a movement from its idealistic start to its grim and inevitable conclusion.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Platinum Poster

Our own resident nutjob El Nino has posted at least one link that I'm aware of to white supremacist Hal Turner. El Nutjob has been uncharacteristically silent every time that I've reminded him of it, I wonder why? Apparently there's some rivalry between Turner and fellow lunatic Alex Jones, which is irrelevant because they both are or have been at one time been major icons of the same scared, hysterical and some say dangerous lunatic fringe. The only difference I can see is that Turner is more overtly racist than Alex Jones, though his views are not that much more racist than those that crazy Ron Paul has expressed in writing and otherwise.

A excerpt from an article on Turner's website yesterday:

Pope Should Tell Jews to go to hell; Chief Rabbi of Israel cuts ties with Vatican over Holo-hoax

"JERUSALEM (AP) - Israel's chief rabbinate severed ties with the Vatican on Wednesday to protest a papal decision to reinstate a bishop who publicly denied 6 million Jews were killed during the Holocaust.

The simple truth is that 6 million jews WERE NOT systematically exterminated by Germany during World War 2. The facts prove it. Official records of the International Committee of the Red Cross prove it. Files from the Russian KGB prove it.

The lie that 6 million jews were killed was fabricated to garner sympathy for jews so they could have an emotional and economic advantage over the world. It is time the lie is put to rest.

A good first start would be for the Pope to tell the Jews to Go to hell."

More:
    http://www.halturnershow.blogspot.com/

Platinum Poster

*Nothing but the sounds of crickets chirping coming from Nino's bunker/meth lab....*

Ted Turner is a paid disinformationalist. He works for the NWO.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138
    At least he's paid, what's your excu.... i'm sorry, (biting my tongue) i don't really want jump into this squabble, i just can't resist a set-up when i see one.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

If they have the kind of cash to pay off Ted, I want to join the NWO.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

I see nothing in that first post except general statements with absolutely no particulars with which to back up his sentiments. You could play a fill in the blank game with it, take out Ron Paul and insert Obama and his legions, or Bush and his Neo-Cons.

Chef you (along with some others here) have a basic philosophical difference with Ron Paul and others. That is all fine and good, but a lot of what you post about him is sketchy at best. I've even taken the time to look up some of the claims you have made and after weighing both sides I usually find your claims lacking in this area.

I'm sure there are black militants with rather shocking political agendas who voted for Obama, yet I would not attempt to assassinate the character of everyone else that also supported him. If you listen to Ron Paul speak you would observe that he does not set out to play character assassination with those he disagrees with; his arguments center around a genuine disagreement with the current political trend of this nation.

I think that if you saw many of the people in general agreement with Ron Paul you would see men and women from many different walks of life, and many of them highly educated and experienced. Please feel free to disagree or to attack his particular political arguments, but at least stick to the issues he raises and be specific with why you disagree. Anything less should be beneath you.

Platinum Poster

I'll give you this NYBURBS, it is good to hear from a rational(or as close as is humanly possible) Ron Paul supporter, as opposed to wild-eyed Kaczynski wannabees who take potentially dangerous zealots(to the weak-minded anyway) like Jones, Icke, Turner et al. seriously...

So how ya been, slick?

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cuckoo_127.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	223342  

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    I'll give you this NYBURBS, it is good to hear from a rational(or as close as is humanly possible) Ron Paul supporter, as opposed to wild-eyed Kaczynski wannabees who take potentially dangerous zealots(to the weak-minded anyway) like Jones, Icke, Turner et al. seriously...

So how ya been, slick?
    Chillin dude, busy finishing up my degree and trying to avoid the exploding catastrophe we call an economy lol. How's everything with you?