Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Littledick wrote:
    I think theyre doing a good job. If you cant do the time, don't do the crime. I hope more of these girls will get real jobs. Its sets a bad example to young kids in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Littledick
    Why all the nasty words MISHASHARK? I dont hate anybody. I've got love for everybody.
    I hate anyone without a genuine avatar face photo
    as its a PROVEN FACT that 98% of such men , with a name starting with the word "Little" are paedo's
    {the clue is in the word "little"
    AND OFFERING "LOVE" TO EVERYBODY....We know EXACTLY what you mean...}

Have you heard that as well?

Junior Poster

I know plenty of ts or gay males that makes 6 figures a year that went to college. A hs degree is only good for so much. That goes for anybody.
    When did this become a discussion about gay men? Transsexuals are much more discriminated against then gay men are in the US at least. Mainstream society has gotten fairly used to homosexuality, but transsexuality has not achieved anywhere near the same acceptance.

So name two transsexuals you know who make six figures in a mainstream job. I knew one who was an engineer when I worked for Boeing, but she was not one who would be sought after by the tranny lovers who hang out in this forum. She didn't make 6 figures either unless you count decimal points.

Of course there are always exceptions to any rule. There might even be some pretty transsexuals in high paying jobs, but not too many I'm sure.

Here's simple example. I was a class clown in high school. I was a smart & intelligent student, but mostly screwed up. I got A's in classes I liked such as electronics and autoshop and just did the minimum in other classes. My parents had no money to send me to college. Certainly no scholarship was possible. So I went into the military for 4 years, learned a trade that I used to get a career started on the outside. I then went to college at night while working full time and my employer paid the tuition.

There's a simple opportunity that even a gay man can have (as long as he is discreet) that a transsexual can not have. I'm sure others could list all kinds of scenarios in which a transsexual would not have the same opportunity as others.

This will probably be my last post on this subject as I think I'm beating a dead horse already. I just said that because I've been wanting to use that emoticon.

Rookie Poster

In Vegas, we are trying to legalize prostitution. Right now its a problem because many hypocritical people say 'its bad' or 'its killing our society', then they go rob a person or something. Hopeful we can get the stupid people to realize that its not that bad and put a stop to the outrages we read in the 1st post. If you are living in vegas, just vote yes for it. If you are visiting take a minute to vote yes for it. Thank you. ^_^[/list]

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Bob's Tgirls
    In my opinion it is stolen. Just like LAPD confiscating a vehicle if a john picks up a prostitute. There is no due process of law, the car is simply taken away. If the owner wants it back, he can bid on it at auction. That is unconstitutional.

The punishment doesn't fit the crime. If you want to use the argument that the car was taken because it was used in the commission of a crime, then the police can take your car away for speeding.[/quote]

SAY WHAT ?
    YOU ACTUALLY KNOW OF FRIENDS THAT HAVE HAD THIS
    HAPPEN TO THEM ? IF SO , HOW MANY ?
    MELIKEYBONECAS

5 Star Poster

I was going to shut up on this thread but I can't stand some of these comments.

First of all, thank you Bob, for your valid and supportive comments about t-girls. You have my respect. (Well you always had that, but move it up one more notch please... LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Littledick
    I know plenty of ts or gay males that makes 6 figures a year that went to college. A hs degree is only good for so much. That goes for anybody.
    Excuuuse me... but there is a BIG difference between a GAY MALE and a transsexual GIRL. Yes there are lots of gay men who make loads of money. But gay men are treated in society as MEN. TS girls not only have to break the glass ceiling but also have to beat the trans thing.

I forget the figures offhand, but something like 48% of TS girls earn less than $15,000 a year and only 4% earn over $65,000. Hell, the median income in San Diego where I live is roughly $65,000 a year. A decent house with an ocean view STARTS at $850,000. Most TS's have NO chance outside of sex work.

I concede that a high school degree, or lack thereof makes a BIG income difference. This is a legitimate problem as many trans girls do not even have a HS diploma.

Yes, there are a few transsexuals who make good livings outside of sex work. There are a few who are doctors, airline pilots, nurses, computer programmers, etc. There are a handful who own businesses. But most of these people were successful prior to transition and transitioned later in life.

There are very few young transsexual women who transition early in life who achieve a great measure of financial success. It is VERY difficult for a young uneducated girl in transition, often estranged from family, often fighting drug and or mental issues, to survive financially, take remedial classes, go to school and succeed. But by the time they are 30, 50% of young trans women will be dead from violence, medical issues, suicide, etc.

And it's very simple math - do you work for $200 a hour or $8.50 a hour? Do you work for $20,000 a month - or $15,000 a year? Yes you probably won't die of AID's working at 7-11, but you might get shot in a robbery.

My partner and I are fortunate to be better off financially than the average T-girl. We are fortunate to still have our health. But 4 years ago we were broke and 3 days from the street, and we did what we had to do. (And it was fun, and we were really good at it... and met some great guys. LOL) Now we have income property and don't have to work anymore. My partner has one more year for her degree in physics and computer science. She should make close to 6 figures in a couple of years and with a little luck the rest of our lives will be pretty nice.

I know a former Eros girl who found a nice man, went back to school and is a cosmetologist. Another - a former SMY model, is pursuing a nursing career and should eventually earn a good living as an RN. So yes, it can be done. But we are exceptions to the rule.

And homophobic cops who arrest girls working over the Internet in private with consenting adults are not helping the girls. They are not saving anybody, all they are doing is making it more difficult for girls to move beyond sex work.

Maybe instead of putting girls in jail where they are abused, so they lose their homes, and have to work twice as hard to make up the lost income - maybe if the cops devoted their efforts to getting the girls job training, to helping them get decent housing so they don't have to have survival sex, so they don't get so depressed they do drugs and kill themselves.

Then maybe the cops would be doing something worthwhile. But that's not their job - their job is arrest people and ruin lives.

Sigh,
    TS Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by justatransgirl
    I concede that a high school degree, or lack thereof makes a BIG income difference. This is a legitimate problem as many trans girls do not even have a HS diploma.
    Or the school refuses to issue new diplomas (in the correct name) when a graduate is trans (happens more often than people think).

But most of these people were successful prior to transition and transitioned later in life.
    I would agree with that.

take remedial classes, go to school and succeed.
    Remedial classes? Remedial classes & secondary education are a moot point when discrimination against trans individuals is legal more times than not, and easy enough to get away with when not. An employer has to be a real idiot to not get away with trans discrimination, and employers almost always win when being sued by employees/former employees/ex-employees anyway.

I know a former Eros girl who found a nice man, went back to school and is a cosmetologist. Another - a former SMY model, is pursuing a nursing career and should eventually earn a good living as an RN. So yes, it can be done. But we are exceptions to the rule.
    Even so, those exceptions usually aren't making 6 figures. Most non-trans cosmetologists & RN's don't make 6 figures... googling RN's I see their average income varies between $40-60k a year, about half of that "6 figure" range.

Then maybe the cops would be doing something worthwhile. But that's not their job - their job is arrest people and ruin lives.
    Arresting people is not inherently a bad thing, it would not be hard to make a case that cops are worth having, or that the process of arresting people is worth having. However, there's a difference between having police for detaining violent criminals, and having them roam the communities as tax collection/revenue generators (i.e. speeding tickets, speed cams etc), propagandists (i.e. D.A.R.E.), or morals enforcers (self explanatory in this thread). It isn't particularly surprising that cops are used for those irrelevant purposes, after all even the name Sheriff comes from a European government job once solely used to provide for a paramilitary tax collection service (i.e. Robin Hood reference). IMHO if someone just shot to death a quickiemart store clerk in a botched robbery, it would be hard to argue that the cop was what ruined the shooter's life by arresting him for it, I would make the argument that the guy's life would already have to be pretty fucked up to begin with to shoot up a quickiemart clerk.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Or the school refuses to issue new diplomas (in the correct name) when a graduate is trans (happens more often than people think).

But most of these people were successful prior to transition and transitioned later in life.
    I would agree with that.

Remedial classes? Remedial classes & secondary education are a moot point when discrimination against trans individuals is legal more times than not, and easy enough to get away with when not. An employer has to be a real idiot to not get away with trans discrimination, and employers almost always win when being sued by employees/former employees/ex-employees anyway.

Even so, those exceptions usually aren't making 6 figures. Most non-trans cosmetologists & RN's don't make 6 figures... googling RN's I see their average income varies between $40-60k a year, about half of that "6 figure" range.

Arresting people is not inherently a bad thing, it would not be hard to make a case that cops are worth having, or that the process of arresting people is worth having. However, there's a difference between having police for detaining violent criminals, and having them roam the communities as tax collection/revenue generators (i.e. speeding tickets, speed cams etc), propagandists (i.e. D.A.R.E.), or morals enforcers (self explanatory in this thread). It isn't particularly surprising that cops are used for those irrelevant purposes, after all even the name Sheriff comes from a European government job once solely used to provide for a paramilitary tax collection service (i.e. Robin Hood reference). IMHO if someone just shot to death a quickiemart store clerk in a botched robbery, it would be hard to argue that the cop was what ruined the shooter's life by arresting him for it, I would make the argument that the guy's life would already have to be pretty fucked up to begin with to shoot up a quickiemart clerk.
    nice to see ur still around

Quote Originally Posted by vman2375
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahG

I would agree with that.

nice to see ur still around
    Thanks, what were you doing up so early on a sunday morning?

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Platinum Poster

good post jamie

Rookie Poster

Jumping on this very late, but a few relevent things to ad......

First off, the car confiscation law in Los Angeles was overturned by the California Supreme court.

Under that law, the police could confiscate a car just on the suspicion that the person was engaged in one of a number of illegal activities. Then the guy would be offered a court hearing that was a CIVIL hearing, not a criminal one. So the burden of proof would be "preponderance of the evidence" not "beyond a reasonable doubt", as in a criminal trial. Its a bit difference as in a civil trial, you only have to have a standard of proof where it leans over 50% one way. In a criminal trial depending on who you talk to, the standard is more like 95-99%.

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/jul...l/me-seizure27

Also someone asked about safe places where LE does not harshly enforce prostitution laws..........

The only place I know of in Los Angeles is in West Hollywood and that even has a few conditions. First, its extremely expensive to live there. Rents are high, and if you don't have a car its very hard to get anywhere else in Los Angeles. Second, you need to be really respectful. The sheriffs dept in West Hollywood will target girls if they get complaints from neighbors. Third, the streets are a no no. West Hollywood has worked very hard to get the girls off the street and close down the Yukon. Fourth, you need to be reasonable in your rates. I know a few really attractive ladies there who, at least in some advertising venues, keep their rate at $200. These are ladies who are attractive, accomodating, non rushed, full gfe, truly verstile(and a couple who are bottom only and very pretty). By keeping this rate, they guarantee mutiple repeat clients and minimize the safety risk to themselves. Most of these ladies have been in the area a very long time without attracting LE attention.