Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Rookie Poster
    San Francisco/Philadelphia/New York/Connecticut

Default Why gay marriage is wrong to SO many.

The reasons why people (mostly Christians and other fundamentalists) have such a problem with same-sex marriage are so ridiculous and invalid. Their reasons are pathetic! Their reasons are, for the most part (as far as I've heard thus far), completely subjective and selfish. Most people against same-sex marriage truthfully have no idea why they even object to it other than for the reasons they've pulled from their religion's ancient societal rules. And for the record, I'm not gay, but I do have gay and lesbian and TS friends who I care about. They just made it illegal in California again (where I just moved from) and a few of my friends were crushed. With good fucking reason! This debate is absurd!

Here are some of the major "reasons" why people don't want gay marriage legalized:

"Being gay is not natural."
    Because real Americans always reject unnatural things... like sunglasses, polyester, liposuction and air conditioning.

"Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay."
    Just like hanging around straight women encourages straight men to be attracted to other men, and gay couples that hang around straight couples are encouraged to be straight.

"Legalizing gay marriage will open the doors to all kinds of crazy behavior like being able to marry a dog or other animals."
    Because household pets have legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

"Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all and we should respect those traditions."
    And respect that women are property, blacks can't marry whites, and divorce is illegal because those marital traditions have not changed.

"Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed."
    And the sanctity of Britney Spears 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed, and the divorce rate of 9,000 cases per year will no longer be honorably respected.

"Straight marriages are valid and practical because they produce children."
    Because gay couples, infertile straight couples, and elderly couples shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages are practically empty and the world needs more children.

"Obviously gay parents will raise gay children."
    Because straight couples only raise straight children, and gays don't believe in individual freedoms for others like free will or free choice.

"Gay marriage is not supported by religion."
    Because, in a theocracy like ours, the values of one single religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we only have one religion in America.

"Children can't ever succeed without a male and a female role model at home."
    That's why we as a society forbid single parents to raise children.

"Gay marriage would change the foundation of society. We could never adapt to such a new social form."
    Just like we can't adapt to agriculture, automobiles, the internet, the monetary system, medicine, longer life spans, or science.

Anyway, to anyone who thinks gay marriage is wrong: please try to develop a brain before protesting any opinion you think you have about anything. Thanks.

And to everyone else, straight/gay/les/bi/ts... may your relationships be pure passion and your sex be hardcore and more fun and loving than any conservative religious freak can ever imagine! <3

Those with passionate eros experience a sexual lust that desires love & connection; they're as much interested in the other person's personality & emotionality as they are to have intimate physical contact and shared sexual satisfaction with them.

The ONLY thing i wonder about is a child being raised by two dads or two moms. Mostly because i've never heard of such a thing.
    I mean, would walking in on your two dads fucking be any better or worse than walking in on your mom and dad fucking?

For the record, i support same sex marriages. Equal rights should be equal.

jokes:
    I guess the kid would grow up with useful skill sets. Great fashion instincts, walking small dogs, playing acoustic guitar, personal hygiene.

Junior Poster

Same sex unions should not be catagorized as being the same as marriage of a man and a woman.for the sole and specific reason that man and woman is the only union capable of producing children

It is not the union of same sex couples that I oppose,it is the catagorization of it together with man/woman union that I oppose.

these are two diiferent types of union ,because no man could ever get together with another man(nor a woman with another woman)and say "let's have children together.It is BIOLOGICALLY IMPOSSIBLE!

For this reason,and this reason alone,union of man and woman is exclusive and special.

I challenge any of you to prove that you are born from any other union than that!

If you choose to be together and want all the legal ramifications,so be it,but call it what it is.

Veteran Poster

When i read the thread title i thought "oh my god, an asshole is posting...", but i really liked your list. Call the bullshit when you see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops
    It is BIOLOGICALLY IMPOSSIBLE!
    So infertile man and women should NOT be allowed to marry by same reason?

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops
    Same sex unions should not be catagorized as being the same as marriage of a man and a woman.for the sole and specific reason that man and woman is the only union capable of producing children

It is not the union of same sex couples that I oppose,it is the catagorization of it together with man/woman union that I oppose.

these are two diiferent types of union ,because no man could ever get together with another man(nor a woman with another woman)and say "let's have children together.It is BIOLOGICALLY IMPOSSIBLE!

For this reason,and this reason alone,union of man and woman is exclusive and special.

I challenge any of you to prove that you are born from any other union than that!

If you choose to be together and want all the legal ramifications,so be it,but call it what it is.
    Here's my theory, most of the lawyers fighting for gay marriage don't give 2 shits about equal rights, they know how high the divorce rate is anyway, and how much money lawyers in America make on divorce cases. Opening up a whole new line of marriages opens up a whole new line of divorces = more money. Here's the kicker, for one to get alimony(child support I think but not sure); which of course the lawyers make heavy profits from it has to be defined as marriage in the courts not a civil union or any other word.
    It comes down to $ not equal rights why do you think they are pushing the word "marriage" not for the sake of equality but for the sake of profitability.
    Me personally; I think Chris Rock said it best about marriage "Gay people have just as much as a right to be miserable as straight people" Fuckkk marriage!

Professional Poster

I could care less about gay marriage. If 2 people in love want to marry - so be it! However, if they do, they should be under the same civil laws (married and divorced) as any other couple. Lets make it all equal - taxes, benefits, wills, and the ever so costly - divorce/alimony ect....
    BTW - most gay people I know do not want that.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Lets make it all equal - taxes, benefits, wills, and the ever so costly - divorce/alimony ect....
    BTW - most gay people I know do not want that.
    That doesn't fit the description of most gay people I know. I don't know any gays who want special rights or different rights from the rights that should be guaranteed by law to everyone. I agree, with you TSCurious, and all the gays I know-let's make it all equal.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

In the end we are all human. Everybody should have equal rights,period.

"In life there are winners and there are losers..."

Rookie Poster

anyone who wants to be married should be able to ruin their lives as they so choose. Besides, if it is a religous thing, how many straight couples are married in completely non-religious ceremonies?

Junior Poster

txxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by jmt; 04-24-2010 at 05:02 PM.