Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

what's next Tranny cream filled pastries!

Platinum Poster

they do.... "ho-hos"

Junior Poster

It's almost as racist as Obama's Economic Adviser - Rob't Reich saying that stimulus money for infrastructure spending should not go to White Male Construction workers.

So much for MLK's thoughts about judging people on the content of the character and not the color of their skin.

Of course, since Reich is Obama's guy, no one will really call him on it.

So - What's wrong with the radical concept of awarding construction contracts to the best and the brightest - AND being extra diligent to make SURE that no one is discriminated against because of their color? Huh? What's wrong with that?

This reverse discrimination does nothing to help the situation and just prolongs institutional racism. It just provides ammunition for all those bigots and racists who then can claim (rightly so) wrongdoing.

Junior Poster

I'm not racist, and I don't support it neither, but that's freaking hilarious

Home is where the Heart is....

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle
    Of course, since Reich is Obama's guy, no one will really call him on it.
    Actually the right is trying it's best to start a shitstorm over what Reich said.

Reich's remarks in a more accurate context:
    "I am concerned, as I’m sure many of you are, that these jobs not simply go to high-skilled people who are already professionals or to white male construction workers. … I have nothing against white male construction workers. I’m just saying that there are a lot of other people who have needs as well. … Criteria can be set so that the money does go to others, the long term unemployed minorities, women, people who are not necessarily construction workers or high-skilled professionals."

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Junior Poster

ChefMike,

Yeah, that's pretty much what I wrote.

I don't give a shit about the "right" I care about what's wrong. And Reich's comments and plans are wrong. And if anyone on the "left" thinks they can defend this nonsense they're wrong too.

So, we're going to set criteria to ensure that jobs don't go to certain people simply because they are white males.

This is wrong, counterproductive and simply disgusting in this day and age. I would have hoped that the election of Obama would have signified a new time and new spirit.

Also, keep in mind these construction jobs are for infrastructure. Buildings, bridges, etc. Yeah, we certainly wouldn't want "high-skilled professionals" doing that kind of work, would we?

Racist Reich.

I do hope Pres Obama clarifies this and rejects this racism.

Let me also clarify something here, lest i be considered racist. I am white. If they needed 10,000 construction workers and it should turn out that the best qualified workers should be 10,000 african-american women, so be it!

It's the character, skills, qualifications, ethics, honesty of someone that matters. NOT the color of one's skin. Jeeze, haven't we learned anything in the last 40 years!

One more thing. Reich used the term "long-term unemployed minorities". Well, why are these people unemployed. If it's because of illegal discrimination, then let's prosecute these people who are doing the discrimination. If it's because of lack of skills, then let's encourage training. That's the solution, not racist hiring policies.

Default Re: NYC Baker Makes “Drunken Negro Face” Cookies For Obama

I actually thought the report was fake, I did a Google news search and, unfortunately, it's very real. I'm amazed. The fact that Kefalinos sees nothing wrong with what he's doing just boggles the mind.

http://167.153.150.32/RI/web/detail....nDate=20080328

NYC Dept. of Health Restaurant Inspection Information

Inspection Date: 03/28/2008

Violations were cited in the following area(s) and those requiring immediate action were addressed.

Sanitary Violations
    1.) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to vermin exist.
    2.) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility's food and/or non-food areas.

Owner: Ted Kefalinos
    Lafayette French Pastry Bakers Inc
    26 Greenwich Ave Frnt
    New York, NY 10011
    (212) 242-7580

http://www.yelp.com/biz/lafayette-fr...s-inc-new-york

Thought is was a new "The Amazing Racist" Episode

Kinda funny

Professional Poster

I wonder how they taste.

Professional Poster

Baaaaaaaa haaaa haaaaaa hahahahahahahahahahaha. I thought that was pretty funny!!!!!!!!!

An amature does it till they get it right,
    A professional does it till they can't get it wrong.