5 Star Poster

Default Gainsville, FL seeking to deny Transgendered use of bathroom

This is an article about a situation in Gainsville, FL where the religious zealots are once again attacking TG rights. Trying to keep us from even using the bathroom.

Their TV slogan “Keep Men out of Women’s Restrooms."

http://www.gaylesbiantimes.com/?id=13897

Suggest if you all (TS's and admirers alike) really want to make a difference, to go out of the safety of our forum and post your comments on this in the Gainsville Sun newspaper.

http://www.gainesville.com/section/opinion

Hugs,
    TS Jamie

Professional Poster

It figures it would happen in Florida. Damn I thought Anita Bryant was dead.

An amature does it till they get it right,
    A professional does it till they can't get it wrong.

Junior Poster

I am not surprised, Rhonda Storm is the worst.

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

I actually talked about this in my critical thinking class! It's a shame that conservatives want to block transgender from using whichever bathroom they feel comfortable with.

Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.

5 Star Poster

Here's an interesting point. I am legally female. My birth cretificate has been ammended to show I was born female, and all my ID is female. I don't have testicles, but I have a penis.

What makes a woman? A penis? Balls? A uterus? A vagina? What if a genetic muslim woman is infibulated so she essentially doesn't have a working vagina - does she have to use the men's room?

I wonder how they would plan to deal with me. Maybe if they pass this BS law I will just fly out there with some TV cameras and see what happens when they try to throw a legal woman out of the ladies room because she has a penis. I'll bet we could further TG civil rights for awhile with a few million from the City treasury.

Better yet maybe what we need is a TG spring break party in Gainsville.

LOL,
    TS Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by justatransgirl
    Here's an interesting point. I am legally female. My birth cretificate has been ammended to show I was born female, and all my ID is female. I don't have testicles, but I have a penis.

What makes a woman? A penis? Balls? A uterus? A vagina? What if a genetic muslim woman is infibulated so she essentially doesn't have a working vagina - does she have to use the men's room?

I wonder how they would plan to deal with me. Maybe if they pass this BS law I will just fly out there with some TV cameras and see what happens when they try to throw a legal woman out of the ladies room because she has a penis. I'll bet we could further TG civil rights for awhile with a few million from the City treasury.

Better yet maybe what we need is a TG spring break party in Gainsville.

LOL,
    TS Jamie
    My friend and I had a discussion almost exactly what you are talking about.

Veteran Poster

The whole definition thing gets brought up a lot, but the general public doesn't buy into it at all. They fall back on ever penis equipped vs not and XX vs XY if pushed. Either way you run into trouble as a transgendered lady.

It's not treated as a scientific question or a civil rights issue (as far as the Trans folks are concerned anyway). It's treated as 'public decency' and 'child/woman's safety' issue. Neither category really ever gets treated logically. You get the 'know it when you see it' types standards.

You'd see comments from them about you hiding who you really are (they hide it because they know they're not truly women), not being a real woman due to not having the surgery (why try to look like a woman if your not going to get the surgery that really matters, with appropriate creepy music playing), etc. And most of the soccer mom's will nod and start looking at any poor woman in the rest room for signs of strong jaw or adams apple.

Just one more nice guy finishing last...

Yeah, I think if the conservatives somehow get the rule overturn, then I think that transgenders can still go into the bathrooms. It all depends on passability. I doubt that Gainesville is going to incorporate the bathroom police. If a woman walks into the bathroom looking like John Goodman wearing a mu mu with a blond wig, then I am pretty sure that it will be an uproar.

Probably because the transgender in question looks more like a crossdresser than a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by menacingmethods86
    Probably because the transgender in question looks more like a crossdresser than a woman.
    I believe that may be the case here. Some trans folk are a bit strange and a lot are into women, and even more are plain creepy. But still... So does this mean we can ask GG lesbians not to use the woman's restroom too?

What are they worried about really? I don't get it... I love pussy... My own pussy... No one else's.

I use the gym locker room and no one has ever said anything or even gave me a dirty look before, but I was not always passible so I feel my sister's pain with this horrible news

Quote Originally Posted by jcinva
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009AD
    ps: HA is not the place to look for love, I'm sure you know that, just wanted to remind you.
    WHAT?! You mean you're all just wasting my time?!!