Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Obama on single-payer health care...

Obama said this, less than six years ago, about single-payer health care:
    (And, too, this is what the majority of Americans want.)
    "I happen to be a proponent of a single-payer universal health care program. I see no reason why the United States of America, the wealthiest country in the history of the world, spending 14 percent of its Gross National Product on health care, cannot provide basic health insurance to everybody . . . a singlepayer health care plan, a universal health care plan. And that's what I'd like to see. But as all of you know, we may not get there immediately. Because first we have to take back the White House, we have to take back the Senate, and we have to take back the House."

Junior Poster

I think the best solution is what we do in Australia.

Public Health care, with extra taxes added on to wealthy people who refuse to use Private when they can afford it.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMath
    I think the best solution is what we do in Australia.

Public Health care, with extra taxes added on to wealthy people who refuse to use Private when they can afford it.
    they should do that here in england! stop rich people from using up the NHS as theres not enough funding for it!

Rookie Poster

lets see if i hear this right, we are the greatest country in the world, but we should do things that countries who arent the greatest do? Should IBM and Microsoft start doing the things that the companies that arent number 1 in in thier fields do? Thats the way to fall off top, do what your inferior competitors do, that will solve all our problems. How about this, get an education , a,better job, a better life and pay for your own healthcare. Stop relying on our goverment and politicians to take care of you!!!!! Why even get a job or try to succeed in life when the goverment will provide all the basics needs in life. Are you helpless, have a brain? If you arent and do, i suggest u start to take care of yourself. That being said, I have no problem subsidising those who CANT do it for themselves, but the overwhelming majority in this country can but think everything should be provided for them. What ever happened to JFK's, "ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO YOU FOR, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY".

Quote Originally Posted by dave252
    lets see if i hear this right, we are the greatest country in the world, but we should do things that countries who arent the greatest do? Should IBM and Microsoft start doing the things that the companies that arent number 1 in in thier fields do? Thats the way to fall off top, do what your inferior competitors do, that will solve all our problems. How about this, get an education , a,better job, a better life and pay for your own healthcare. Stop relying on our goverment and politicians to take care of you!!!!! Why even get a job or try to succeed in life when the goverment will provide all the basics needs in life. Are you helpless, have a brain? If you arent and do, i suggest u start to take care of yourself. That being said, I have no problem subsidising those who CANT do it for themselves, but the overwhelming majority in this country can but think everything should be provided for them. What ever happened to JFK's, "ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO YOU FOR, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY".
    The healthcare industry makes a killing off pure profits. I know in my state alone they are the msot profitable industry in TN.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Default Obama on single-payer health care...

So, Obama has said he wants socialized medicine. And the majority of Americans want it. (It's only big pharma and the insurance industry who don't want it. I mean, even doctors and nurses want socialized medicine.
    Plus industries could compete A LOT BETTER if they didn't have to pick up the health care tab of their employees. Yep! Industries could compete a lot better with socialized medicine.)
    And, too, socialized medicine exists in the military.

Junior Poster

Default Re: Obama on single-payer health care...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    "I happen to be a proponent of a single-payer universal health care program. I see no reason why the United States of America, the wealthiest country in the history of the world, spending 14 percent of its Gross National Product on health care, cannot provide basic health insurance to everybody . . . a singlepayer health care plan, a universal health care plan. And that's what I'd like to see. But as all of you know, we may not get there immediately. Because first we have to take back the White House, we have to take back the Senate, and we have to take back the House."

wealthiest country in the world?! go back to school

Default Re: Obama on single-payer health care...

Quote Originally Posted by jordyd19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben

wealthiest country in the world?! go back to school
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dave252
    Nice logic. It sure worked well for GM and Ford didn't it? Toyota (the Inferior competitor) has waltzed past Ford and will soon permanently pass GM as the largest carmaker in the world. Toyota adapted to circumstances, Detroit didn't.

The healthcare system in this country is broken and needs to be repaired or replaced. 50 million people with no coverage, in this society, is unacceptable.

Alright Then.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

lets see if i hear this right, we are the greatest country in the world,
    Wrong. There are things at which we are excellent, some things at which we're pathetic and a lot of things in between. We have excellent hospitals, medical schools and doctors. But we have a pathetic health care system. Compare our child mortality rate with the other nations of the world...it's sadly pathetic. U.S. insurance companies will pay to have a diabetic's leg replaced with a prosthetic one, but they won't pay for the care that would have prevented amputation. The whole system is fucked up. We in the U.S. need a national health care system. Canada, England, Australia, France, etc have shown their viability. You want to live in the greatest country in the world? Then lobby your legislators for a civilized health care system.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.