Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7

Professional Poster celticgrafix's Avatar

windows sucks, regardless, mac osx is better, and macs run windows

Rookie Poster

I'm running the official Beta, Build 7000 on my laptop...

I like Windows 7. It's a lot like Windows Vista only a little faster. The task bar is a huge improvement in my opinion.

Junior Poster

tryed it out. I def. liked it. There is a bit of a learning curve with regards to menu /options, have been either has been moved (the location) or re-named to something else.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

How much RAM is required to run "7", and what are it's real world (average user) advantages over XP?

I'm running XP Home with 2 Gigs RAM and an AMD 64XP x2 4200. I doubt Windows 7 users are running apps appreciably faster, just spending some more money.

If I'm wrong, I'd like to hear about it.

Veteran Poster

They have tightened up the code a ton over Vista. It is much faster and much cleaner. Right now I am running it on a Virtual Machine with a single 2 GHz processor and 768 RAM and it runs like a champ. As fast as XP if not faster at running most processes. I use all sorts of OS's for testing, etc. so I am very familir all of the garbage put out by microsoft so this is a welcome improvement.

I downloaded and ran it today. I really don't see any difference, yet. It runs fine. But then, so did my Vista.

...stir it up and pass it around.

Update: My Beta crashed today. I had to get my recovery disc with the original factory settings, to get my puter working again. When I was Running the Beta yesterday, I noticed that the memory card reader on my laptop wasn't working. Today MS sent me a driver update that was suppose to resolve that problem. So after I got done downloading it, I had to restart my computer for it to be done. But I wasn't able to log back into windows, after the shutdown.

I spent most of the afternoon getting it back to the way it was on Vista. My only loss was four torrents that I was downloading. Luckily I had everything else on my computer backed up.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by kukm4
    Yeah you never want to run a beta OS on your system if you can help it. virtual box, paralells, or vmware will let you set them up as virtual machines and you can just delete them after you are done with them or rebuild them at will.

I think I'm done with the Beta. When the real Windows 7 comes out, I'll get it.