Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 7

I like Vista myself you just have to have a crazy amounts of ram to make it run smoothly. Anything less than 3 gigs is a no no.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

never thought I'd need 3 videocards, 8 gigs of ram, at least a terabyte of storage, and a quad processor to run a few graphics intensive programs and a torrent client smoothly.......

thats the kind of builds mags like Maximum PC are doing for VISTA, I cant even imagine what they'll suggest for 7

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69
    I like Vista myself you just have to have a crazy amounts of ram to make it run smoothly. Anything less than 3 gigs is a no no.
    I use 3GB on my laptop, and never had a problem with it. But I am looking to try 7 some time in the future. Once the bugs are worked out of it.

...stir it up and pass it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69
    Quick tweak you can do to help preformance.

-go to Start--"right click" on Computer.

-go to Properties, on left side menu under Task. click on
    Advanced System Settings

-In System Proterties Window, press the Advanced tab.

-Go to Preformance section and press the Settings

-In Visual Effects tab, choose fill in option labeled
    Adjust For Best Preformance. You may want to keep one option checked.
    Scroll down that menu to very bottom and check
    [x] Use Visual Style On Windows and Buttons.

-Press Apply button, then ok.

-Done.

If you a more advanced tweak if Vista try this site.

http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/servicecfg.htm

quick fix for Vista users:

go: run > format c:

Just because you don't know about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist: http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...=asc&start=158

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    MS needs you to have double whatever they recommend in order to truly be happy
    nonsense seven runs just fine on an atom netbook and yes ive tried it myself

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Professional Poster Castor_Troy05's Avatar

I've been using 7 since it was leaked a few weeks ago, plus I've used a few of the earlier builds.

It's a fine upgrade from Vista, and has a smaller footprint than the much maligned OS. People don't like vista because thats what they hear everyone else doing. It's a fine OS which is much misunderstood. Yes the system requirements are a little higher than XP but it's 5 years newer ffs. Trying playing a new game on a 5 yr old machine and see how these things scale.

While 7 does seem to run faster than Vista and boots a bit quicker, this is mainly thanks to some optimisation of the code taken from the Server 2008 codebase. The new features are pretty cool, with a bit more eye candy included. The Superbar for example is like a combo Dock/taskbar, and it's good at what it does so far.

To address the RAM complaints about Vista, I do like the following analogy. Vista loads commonly run elements into memory so that those programs open instantaneously when you launch them. This takes up RAM, and it is a good thing.

RAM is like a fridge. You buy it to put things in it. If you want to put a lot of things in the fridge, or put really big things in the fridge, you buy a large fridge. It doesn't make sense to then keep the fridge as empty as you possibly can, and complain that your perishable food is taking up too much space when your fridge isn't even half full.

I've been using OSx for a few months also now, and to be honest, while it works nicely, I'm glad I have my consoles for games as this thing just doesn't. First day I got my mac, I installed Vista on it too just so I could use it fully

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castor_Troy05
    I've been using 7 since it was leaked a few weeks ago, plus I've used a few of the earlier builds.

It's a fine upgrade from Vista, and has a smaller footprint than the much maligned OS. People don't like vista because thats what they hear everyone else doing. It's a fine OS which is much misunderstood. Yes the system requirements are a little higher than XP but it's 5 years newer ffs. Trying playing a new game on a 5 yr old machine and see how these things scale.

While 7 does seem to run faster than Vista and boots a bit quicker, this is mainly thanks to some optimisation of the code taken from the Server 2008 codebase. The new features are pretty cool, with a bit more eye candy included. The Superbar for example is like a combo Dock/taskbar, and it's good at what it does so far.

To address the RAM complaints about Vista, I do like the following analogy. Vista loads commonly run elements into memory so that those programs open instantaneously when you launch them. This takes up RAM, and it is a good thing.

RAM is like a fridge. You buy it to put things in it. If you want to put a lot of things in the fridge, or put really big things in the fridge, you buy a large fridge. It doesn't make sense to then keep the fridge as empty as you possibly can, and complain that your perishable food is taking up too much space when your fridge isn't even half full.

I've been using OSx for a few months also now, and to be honest, while it works nicely, I'm glad I have my consoles for games as this thing just doesn't. First day I got my mac, I installed Vista on it too just so I could use it fully

Highly misunderstood OS = Vista

We'll agree to disagree but Vista to me was
    buy a new pc or upgrade your current and it will run perfectly

I too installed Vista on my MBP when I 1st got it, hardly ever use it

When I want to run photoshop/lightroom/secondlife/after effects and a few other programs knowing they won't crash I use the OSX

When I want to mod HA I use XP lol
    nuff said

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Discussion is now in progress.

Junior Poster

I run XP Pro on a 20 pc network and I love it. When there is a failure it is usually hardware based.

All of them are connected to Windows 2003 Server. I can't figure that shit out to save my life. I've uninstalled/reinstalled WSUS and SQL 2005 like 5 times to try to get it to work. I'm about to start from scratch with a scaled down server.

It's a twin opteron dual-core setup with raid 5.... the software database uses only one core (25% of the processing power). 6 GB of ram and I just learned my version of Windows 2003 doesn't support past 3 gigs. WTF.

It's official: Mahjong is pronounced "My Wang."