Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So im due....

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ef9hatchman
    Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    upgrade to the verizon network

att sux
    Had it before it blown whale cock in my book.
    CDMA blows in general, but Sprint's Network is dayum fast... That's not to say TMO's is slow, its not, it might not be the fastest, but if AT&T's and Verzion's are the most crowded in major cities, my TMO is faster than most of the Blackjack 2's and other AT&T phones I have seen and the Iphone from page to page browsing is no faster... My co-worker has 3G, I have EDGE at work (Ventura County) and 3G at home, around Los Angeles and browser speed is very close.

I like to travel, CDMA is a hassle. I have two additional GSM phones and SIM cards from Sweden, The Netherlands (which works in parts of Germany as well) and Vodaphone SIM from my time in Germany (works in the UK). Pre-paid is far more popular in Europe than contracts like here in America, gives you a large selection of networks and its cheap!

I even got a SIM in Kiev... I had a mediator though..lol I don't speak a lick of Russian or Ukrainian.

Platinum Poster

sprint is the worst!!!

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

I would be all over the Xperia if AT&T covered it
    I know I keep repeating it but Sony really stepped up their game with this phone, shame on it being damn near $1000 after taxes on the street to own

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    I would be all over the Xperia if AT&T covered it
    I know I keep repeating it but Sony really stepped up their game with this phone, shame on it being damn near $1000 after taxes on the street to own
    You find anything in the ghetto for less than 5'99 lol. JP I just want a phone that will last 2 years again . I would rather but a bigger TV then the 32' Samsung I have now. But phone is more of a need....Then I will get a bigger TV Gaming purposes only hehe
    [/b]

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dj4monie
    Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody
    I think a lot of folks are just interested in talking, txting, and getting their voice mails. I don't know if I would even want having a device be a computer, assuming I could even learn how to use all the functions
    Well four things are preventing full fuctionallity of my G1 -

1) Lack of A2DP Blutooth support. It was due to be released with the phone but security issues prevented it from shipping with it. Its suppose to be apart of a 1Q firmware update, fingers crossed. I can stream audio from my phone to my car stereo via Bluetooth when this is supported plus get text messages on screen. With California no txt and no talk laws, its important I get all features working with my stereo.

2) Tethering to other devices. It seems TMO to prevent abuse of its 3G network removed this feature from it, maybe it will return.

3) Flash Support for the browser

4) More video codec support

I use it mostly at work (ha!) and with no Wifi available or 3G network its surprisingly fast on EDGE (must be the dual core CPU). I would do more with it and less with the laptop but its hard to type long sentences on, its made for text messages, not posting on forums, but I have paid my bills/bought things online with it.

My Desktop is a Media Center PC, I don't go online with it much. So that leaves the phone and the laptop.

Depending on your desires and needs, basic phones are fine. I have a basic Nokia and its loud speaker phone. I still have my Motorola Rokr E6 Linux phone too.

I'm a closet gadget freak...
    Just root your g1 and then you can mod the system to tether i think they are doing it over at the XDA developers forum. I just rooted the phone but haven't gotten to do other modifications to the system. I'm a Linux newbie i had mandrake long time ago and now ubuntu, still learning but its cool to have the powerful shell on the g1.

The flash is coming soon TMO is doing an update supposedly around the end of January or Feb. and it should have the flash and video capability for the camera and also the keyboard on screen (like chompSMS if you haven't used it).

I got it mostly for watching stocks, selling and buying and i haven't had a problem with it but I never expected to have it as a fully functional Linux box, pretty damn cool.

Junior Poster

Sorry Double post... glitch in ubuntu.

Veteran Poster

One of these 3
    http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...sku=sku3140220
    http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...sku=sku3130239
    http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=LG+VU(TM)&q_sku=sku2490219

Rookie Poster

att sux
    Yep, me too. I think the iPhone is great, especially with the apps you can install. One of my favs is the SSH client.

I ended up switching to Verizon due to the ATT networking sucking. Grabbed the BlackBerry Storm. It's alright, does have some bugs. Anyone else here with this phone, thought, comments?

Rookie Poster

att sux
    Yep, me too. I think the iPhone is great, especially with the apps you can install. One of my favs is the SSH client.

I ended up switching to Verizon due to the ATT networking sucking. Grabbed the BlackBerry Storm. It's alright, does have some bugs. Anyone else here with this phone, thought, comments?

Rookie Poster

Default phone...

when at&t was cingular, they had a phone made by nokia. i believe it was the 6230i. it was the baest damn phone i ever had. i had upgraded to the motorola that had the itune and gave the nokia to a friend. the motorola sucked! and i was sorry i gave my nokia away. now i'm on my second samsung slider (which is broken like the last one) and i just bought the nokis 6230i off of ebay.
    the phones now have so much shit on them that they suck as actual phones, and at&t has THE WORST selection. i recommend going to verizon.