Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Arnie, it's got ZERO to do with being leftist - that's a pathetic and sad comment for people who don't want to see innocent civilians caught in the crossfire of any war. Absolutely pathetic and shows your ignorance. - seanchai
    Such emotive language and ad hominem attacks don't actually explain your position. If one's being "leftist" has "ZERO" to do with whatever you are trying to say about Israel, perhaps you ought to explain why that is so.

And let's just assume for the sake of argument that no one wants to see civilians caught in the crossfire of any war. It does not follow that war is never going to be necessary. Nor does it follow that the civilian population, in any war, is "innocent" (whatever you mean by that.)

Care to try again?

I don't post much but. If Hamas laid down its rockets and quit firing, made not threat against Israel the fighting would end. If Israel laid down its arms and stopped fighting Hamas would kill every jew they could. I could be wrong but i doubt it. - vicky

You could be wrong, but I doubt it too Vicky.

Border80 wrote:
    Some of the responses on here disgust me. The Hamas are a bunch of animals using civilians as cover who ALLOW it to occur, then you get angry with Israel for defending itself? It's ridiculous. Try talking to someone who is actually in the IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) and learning about what the Palestinians actually do that is NOT reported in our media, you may have a different view after that.

Try talking to some of the British forces when the IRA was killing women and children (and soldiers) - and funds were being collected for the IRA on the streets of NYC.

Try talking to the German occupying army when the French Resistance were killing and bombing their soldiers.

Try talking to a Vietnam vet when the Vietcong were killing their friends.

I'm not making direct comparisons between these conflicts but my point is, obviously the IDF has a skewered view - and the Palestinians a different one. - seanchai
    All you seem to be doing here is repeating the original poster's point, namely that the Israelis who have been subject to terrorist attacks will have a different perspective than most of the people who use this message board. In short, you haven't added anything to the debate at all.

Care to try again?

Yet many innocents are being caught in the middle and the strikes that Israel have taken seem to be taking down more innocents, than legitimate targets.
    A little restraint. - seanchai
    Show me where you have called for "restraint" from the other side.

And please explain clearly what you mean by the term "restraint" - I am guessing it is a pseudo-military concept, which you have invented out of thin air.

When you define this term, which you apparently want to employ in your argument about Israel, remember to give details of your own military experience, if you have any, and explain why you think your military knowledge matches that of the Israeli commanders. After all, I assume you would like anyone reading your posts to take what you're saying seriously, and not just dismiss them as the ramblings of a treasonous bleeding-heart do-gooder, who sympathises with Islamic terrorists and would like nothing better than seeing a green flag flying over their own country.

The only thing that really matters to me right now is that 59 innocent children died in those attacks so long.
    And I do not blame Jews nor Palestinians for this. It's Germans. Everything is their fault. And entire Europe's
    as well. They started all this shit. And if You ask me, the state of Izrael should have been placed in the heart
    of Europe. Because they are european people. Unwanted european people. Don't You remember that?

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fred41
    Right now that video link everyone is looking at (unless it was changed) shows kids blown up when a "Hamas" truck blew up during a parade several years ago.

Israel has to take the offensive here and blow up supply lines , weapons depots...and military instalations in the Gaza strip NOW...before the rockets become more and more sophisticated and targeting becomes more accurate. It's unfortunate that civilians sometimes die..but it's impossible to avoid when the enemy is so deeply entrenched in civilian areas.

If Israel were to wait until they took huge civilian losses because Hamas weapons were more sophisticated..would everyone be happy then because then you could sit back and say .."Now there's a fair fight!! go at it boys"...There isn't a single ally in the middle east that Israel could turn to for help in a war. They are surrounded by countries that for political or ideological reasons want them destroyed..or at the very least, wouldn't care less if they were.

If that was the home some of you were living in that were threatened by rockets...I don't think you'd care how strong your government response was.
    /Cosign

Reality is perception.

I fully approve of the Israeli military operation in the Gaza Strip. And I hope they won't stop until they've taken out every last Palestinian. Let's get one thing straight: there are no "innocent Palestinian civilians". Each Palestinian man, woman and child is a suicide terrorist waiting to to blow up on a bus/in a crowded market/in a busy street full of people shopping and relaxing in cafés. Palestinian parents are proud to dress their little toddlers up with military uniforms and suicide belts.

Right now a childhood friend of mine is somewhere out there in the Gaza Strip as part of the Israeli "offensive" (defensive would be nearer the mark)... I just hope that this Hero of Israel will come home safe and make his family and his friends proud for having taken out a whole load of Palestinian scum and having helped to ensure that no more Israeli babies will be blown up by Palestinian suicide bombers...

Fork 'andles

They have been fighting for thousands of years so why are people acting so surprised with what is going on. The only thing that amazes me is even though every sinlge one of these arab countries hate Israel they can't seem to wipe them off the face of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

They have been fighting for thousands of years so why are people acting so surprised with what is going on. The only thing that amazes me is even though every sinlge one of these arab countries hate Israel they can't seem to wipe them off the face of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america

Right now that video link everyone is looking at (unless it was changed) shows kids blown up when a "Hamas" truck blew up during a parade several years ago. - fred41
    That's worth repeating, given the knee-jerk reaction of some on this board. Did they even watch the video? If they did, then did they understand what they were seeing? The stupid fuckers had a load of kiddies swarming round a load of explosives, then had an ND of some kind which set the lot off. To put it bluntly, that particular incident was no one's fault but their own. Here's the key quote from the article accompanying the video:

The Hamas military wing, Izzedine al Qassam, is popular with youngsters. When the pickup with the gunmen arrived at the rally, many children crowded around the vehicle. - Liveleak