Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by jaycanuck
    Or Piratebay.
    My fave is Demonoid. It's a really nice community. And Mad_Martha is there too!

Rookie Poster

Default SPOILER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaycanuck
    Just seen them. After these 5 episodes I really hope they renew next season.
    (SPOILER!!!)

Except everyone is dead.

I enjoyed 'em. Watched all 5 on Sunday. I REALLY enjoyed a lot of the dialogue and the very Progressive political leanings... but I'm not so sure about some of the story arc logic. Seemed a little skewed to me.

Professional Poster

I think with the new doctor in, they probably want to free Jack up.

My one concern is with Matt Smith being cast as the Doctor is he is meant to be approx 900 years old & casting an actor so young its going to be interesting & I can't help thinking this is a way of getting around the 12 re-generations & 13 lives as the new series takes convenient bits out of the classic series when it wishes. As we will be onto the 11th Doctor in 2010 so going with that 2 more actors can play the part based on that theory.

He has pretty big shoes to fill from David Tennant probably on par with Peter Davison taking over from Tom Baker in 1981 based on how popular he is, best of luck to him.

Professional Poster

From wikia entertainment:
    "In case you aren't a Doctor Who fan, a bit of background is in order.

The Doctor is a Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey, a member of a race who can live a very very very long time by the process of regeneration when their body is at the point of death.

They aren't immortals, though, since they can only regenerate 12 times, giving them a total of 13 long lives. During regeneration every cell in a Time Lord's body is replaced, but memories (and perhaps their whole brain) remains intact. The regenerated body has a completely different appearance and personality. But how different can different be?"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250px_eleven_doctors_178.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	254130  

What if all these fantasies come flailing around?

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsemint
    They aren't immortals, though, since they can only regenerate 12 times, giving them a total of 13 long lives.
    They'll find a way to go past 13. In the Sound of Drums episode The master indicates that he had been revived by the Time Lords to fight the Time War. So I would assume he has another 13 regenerations. Mind you...no more Time Lord high council....... yet.

Junior Poster

I REMEMBER THE DOCTOR SAYING MANY TIMES HES MORE THAN JUST A TIMELORD SO MAYBE HE CAN REGENERATE MORE. IT ALL DEPENDS HOW THEY WANT TO KEEP THE SHOW GOING AFTER THE NEW ONE GETS DONE AND WANTS TO MOVE ON. AND REMEMBER DONT BLINK OR THOSE ANGEL STATURES WILL GET YOU.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

If i remember correctly , The Valeyard ( alternate final and evil regeneration of the Doctor ) wanted to steal the regenerations of the 6th Doctor to continue past his last life. Theres a chance that the 10th clone may become the Valeyard ... slim chance but still.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly
    If i remember correctly , The Valeyard ( alternate final and evil regeneration of the Doctor ) wanted to steal the regenerations of the 6th Doctor to continue past his last life. Theres a chance that the 10th clone may become the Valeyard ... slim chance but still.
    Chances are that clone won't be touched for some time. I'm thinking it'll be like...20 years when everyone is saying "remember Tennant, we should bring him back" and that's the key.

Kinda like Tom Baker and Paul McGann. Rumors are flying around about them.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

And "Petes" world is closed off for now. I wonder when they will bring Jenny back onto the show?