Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

NOW CHILDREN... Let's not turn what is a very important commentary into a pushing match.

The point of staying out of jail in the first place is valid and certainly is a good idea for anyone to attempt.

HOWEVER - (and I forget offhand the "exact" stats) but roughly 4 million people a year are arrested in the US and there is roughly 2 million in jail at any given time. A little less than 1% of the population. If you extrapolate this out during the course of a 60 year lifetime (assuming you don't get arrested before say 10 or after 70) that means you have about a 60% chance of going to jail at some point.

One never knows, they could accidentally cause a fatal accident and be taken to jail. One could just be in the wrong place and time. And this is not to make excuses, but transsexuals often have issues that leave them more vulnerable to arrest.

Therefore - what is needed is Federal law, based preferably using the San Francisco city policy - which is, that people in SF city jail are housed according to "gender perception."

Now yes, there could be abuse of this. Obviously many people are in jail because they are con artists and I'm sure there are plenty of men who would love to pose as TS in order to get into the womens jail. LOL But I think general common sense has prevailed in SF and there can be a hearing and medical process to cull out those masquerading as TS.

There are groups working toward this end. I think it will be a long slog. However there does seem to be some progress in California. I just read some info on the Transgender Law Center's site where there is some action moving forward in this arena. Possibly the Obama administration will provide an opportunity.

Meanwhile, yes, while we can sometimes make sick jokes about how much "fun" it would be to have unlimited men locked up in a confined space with nothing to do but "service" the local trans girls. But the reality from everything I've heard is it would be a nightmare with no out.

I personally know a t-girl who was incarcerated for about 2 years on a drug use charge. She wasn't any particular looker, but she spent her time being used for sex and left the system with AID's. So a relatively minor charge became a life sentence - because the system failed to protect her.

Possession of some pot or meth or whatever should not be a capitol crime. AND transsexuals should NOT be forced into Ad Seg or PC where they are isolated from other contact and driven crazy.

The bottom line, is like the credit system, the US prison system needs a complete overhaul. Many, many people have been calling for this for a very long time. But until there is a HUGE public outcry, nothing will be done and each person will fight the government alone and lose.

I'm out of words.

Sigh,
    TS Jamie

5 Star Poster

Stupid double posts - note to NYCe system is messing up again...

justatransgirl wrote:
    NOW CHILDREN... Let's not turn what is a very important commentary into a pushing match.
    You're right, no doubt about that but hey, after eight years of sanctimonious assholes destroying the nation and our society, I have very little patience for uniformed/childish drivel. A lot of people are suffering from these fucked up policies and prejudices that these two fools repeat, seemingly, without any regard or forethought for the actual implications their words have on other people's lives.
    Enough is enough. If someone wants to support discrimination, they should be met with fierce opposition. Just because some people are too stupid to realize the implications of what they say/support, they shouldn't get a pass. That's bullshit. Transgendered people have enough troubles of their own....just like everyone else. Persecuting someone based on their personal preferences is crap, plain and simple. No one is giving transgendered people a pass. Why should ignorant rubes get one?

The two assholes I've just schooled are prime examples. Simply put, douche bags. Sorry....but it's true.

Every second speech like that is tolerated, horror and prejudice is strengthened. Fuck that shit but I will applaud your tolerance. It is admirable.

"That's what i thought you said."

justatransgirl wrote:
    You're right, no doubt about that but hey, after eight years of sanctimonious assholes destroying the nation and our society, I have very little patience for uniformed/childish drivel. A lot of people are suffering from these fucked up policies and prejudices that these two fools repeat, seemingly, without any regard or forethought for the actual implications their words have on other people's lives.
    Enough is enough. If someone wants to support discrimination, they should be met with fierce opposition. Just because some people are too stupid to realize the implications of what they say/support, they shouldn't get a pass. That's bullshit. Transgendered people have enough troubles of their own....just like everyone else. Persecuting someone based on their personal preferences is crap, plain and simple. No one is giving transgendered people a pass. Why should ignorant rubes get one?

The two assholes I've just schooled are prime examples. Simply put, douche bags. Sorry....but it's true.

Every second hate speech is tolerated, horror and prejudice is strengthened. Fuck that shit but I will applaud your tolerance. It is admirable.

"That's what i thought you said."

Professional Poster

Default Re: HungAngels in prison?

Quote Originally Posted by AmyDaly View Post
    What I said was just refering to LA County Jail. Speaking from experience here

Did you have lots of fin in jail?

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdman View Post
    Did you have lots of fin in jail?

They don't call her Sharkey for nothing!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Amy in jail ... : we need a tgirls behind bars dvd , w/ a crooked warden who films the girls being violated then gets violated herself during a riot.

damn i need to be a director.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Amy in jail ... : we need a tgirls behind bars dvd , w/ a crooked warden who films the girls being violated then gets violated herself during a riot.

damn i need to be a director.

I think it'd be a major hit.. lol.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drock View Post
    I think it'd be a major hit.. lol.
    Grooby needs me as a consultant. lol
    I'm gonna bug Seanchai or Buddy about it.

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

O fate, why dost thou tempt me so?!

~BB~