Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MACBOOK PRO

its just common sense
    a pharma company won't spend tons of time and money to develope a new drug unless it has the potential for mass aplication. thats why rare diseases have few proven treatments

it's the same with hackers. they need a giant potential audience to make it worth their while to write new virus programs, and the Apple world doesn't qualify.. at least not yet

Default Re: MACBOOK PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother
    I am thinking of getting one soon.
    I currently have a Imac 24' the new one but want the macbook pro since its the only apple model I have never owned.
    What do you guys think about laptops?
    Yeah or nay?
    DON'T DO IT!

Macs are an addiction, and a pretty expensive one at that.

Ever been to a mac store? All the ones I see over-do it with the white theme & excessively bright lights. It's like they're trying to make their stores look like psyc wards... but the thing is, its an intentional atmosphere of pain & hostility that they create knowing that no matter how abrasive the mac experience is, mac users will see it as infallible and eagerly submit themselves to the torture, exploitation, and enslavement.

Why do you think every time they come out with a new product line they INTENTIONALLY throttle the initial supply to make waiting lists, backorders, and long lines of desperate addicts trying to be one of the "lucky ones" to get a cut before the supply runs out? Jobs has said repeatedly that he HOPES there will be insufficient supply whenever he introduces a new product. He made such statements with the introduction of the imac, the ipod, and the iphone.

Ok seriously, the OS is great but I am not a fan of their laptops, and I am not a fan of their prices. If you care about quality & aesthetics more then affordability/cost, then macs are great... its all a matter of what type of product the user wants. Like a sports car buyer, the consumer isn't there for a cheap reliable daily driver- they're there for the way it looks, and what it can occasionally perform on demand & they're willing to pay for it.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Junior Poster

Solitary; I use two different Mac books. Power book G4 15 inch and Mac Book Pro 17 inch. Both rule.

OSX 10.5.7 is the best and most stable operating platform available today. If your into media, graphics, music and video Mac Book Pro is your best option. Expensive yes but well worth it.

let the good times roll..

Yeah I had a macbook before...I posted pics on here.....
    I run Logic 8 and Live 6 so I NEED a mac!

Quote Originally Posted by strokeitnow
    Solitary; I use two different Mac books. Power book G4 15 inch and Mac Book Pro 17 inch. Both rule.

OSX 10.5.7 is the best and most stable operating platform available today. If your into media, graphics, music and video Mac Book Pro is your best option. Expensive yes but well worth it.
    all I want is for websites to come up fast and not have to deal with error messages and new viruses every other day. I'll never use half of the applications the Mac offers. That's where the Apple argument unravels for most ordinary people.

why pay so much for more computer than u really need?

Switched my primary computer to Mac Pro 3 years ago.. since then have switched entire office over to Mac. 8 employees, 3 principles, the office has never run smoother. The Mac operating system is so superior to windows its not even funny. Only one PC left in my life, and it goes this November. My world will be pc free and 100% productive all the time.. no more bi-annual re-installs.

Opinion? Fastest growing computer company in the world. #1 laptop used on college campuses.

Make sure to get the mac extended warranty. I just had my hard drive crash one year and two months after purchase. It also over heats up to 170 sometimes. Read about the issues online and make your judgement wisely.

I like mine better then my PC, I just switched to MAC and I had no issues aside from being stupid not to get the extended warranty.

Total bill: $359
    Plus all the work I am missing out on...

Quote Originally Posted by jcinva
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009AD
    ps: HA is not the place to look for love, I'm sure you know that, just wanted to remind you.
    WHAT?! You mean you're all just wasting my time?!!

I have a mac at work, it was purchased before I joined the research group. I can't stand it, don't like the apps - don't like the lack of choices, don't like the company's philosophy (you must buy our hardware and use our software!)

So I bring in my Dell laptop and work on it. It's three years old, works great, much faster than the powermac in my office. I also only paid $600 for it. I think I need to replace the battery as I only get one hour where I used to get four, but that's my only complaint.

Edited to add: Per Danielle's comment above, I replaced the 20 gig hard drive that came installed with an 80 gig HD off of ebay as soon as I bought it. Only cost around $70 (can't quite remember back that far), and I installed it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldur
    #1 laptop used on college campuses.
    Because college undergrads are a lot more interested in looking good than getting value for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by dgs925
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldur
    #1 laptop used on college campuses.
    Because college undergrads are a lot more interested in looking good than getting value for their money.
    I wanna know which colleges we're talking about.

I've never, ever, in 7 years seen a mac laptop in one of my classes.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all