Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MACBOOK PRO

Default MACBOOK PRO

I am thinking of getting one soon.
    I currently have a Imac 24' the new one but want the macbook pro since its the only apple model I have never owned.
    What do you guys think about laptops?
    Yeah or nay?

The MacBook Pro is great, if a little expensive. However, it'll probably last forever. MacOS is also great, much more stable than Windows.

Insert funny quote here

Default Re: MACBOOK PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother
    I am thinking of getting one soon.
    I currently have a Imac 24' the new one but want the macbook pro since its the only apple model I have never owned.
    What do you guys think about laptops?
    Yeah or nay?
    Anyone who buys a Mac is a marketer's dupe who confuses superficial appearance with quality.

Sort of like the bloke who dates an airbrushed girl but tells everyone he likes her for her personality and intelligence.

Junior Poster

The primary reason to get a MacBook Pro is Mac OSX. It is by far superior to any version of Windows. And you don't have to worry about viruses. Nothing superficial about that.

The new MacBook Pro is the best Apple has built. The new
    construction, where the frame is machined from a solid chunk of aluminum is really great. Solid and sturdy yet light.

Default Re: MACBOOK PRO

Quote Originally Posted by phobun
    Anyone who buys a Mac is a marketer's dupe who confuses superficial appearance with quality.
    I own a three-year old low-end Mac which I use for mostly graphics-intensive stuff. I also own a fairly quick Windows PC which I can't use for anything demanding because it'll keep crashing. The Mac's never gone wrong in three years. Also, systems management is much easier than the constant wrestling with Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle
    The primary reason to get a MacBook Pro is Mac OSX. It is by far superior to any version of Windows.
    This is purely opinion.
    And you don't have to worry about viruses. Nothing superficial about that.
    You've swallowed the kool-aid marketing. A simple google search would have been the due diligence needed to avoid making such a ridiculous assertion.
    The new MacBook Pro is the best Apple has built. The new construction, where the frame is machined from a solid chunk of aluminum is really great. Solid and sturdy yet light.
    At least, that's your opinion (formulated with the help of some marketing, no doubt).

Junior Poster

I've never been infected with anything on any of my Macs (since running Mac OS X). Fact. And I don't have to run any silly virus programs either.

Junior Poster

I has a macbook platinum and loved it. onl,y problem is they are expensive to fix. LCD screen on mine busted. cheaper to buy a new laptop with windows then fix the MAC.

I've never been infected with anything on any of my Macs (since running Mac OS X). Fact. And I don't have to run any silly virus programs either.
    I've never been infected with anything on any of my trips to Thailand.
    Fact.
    And I don't have to use any silly virus protection items either.

Anecdote proves nothing.

5 Star Poster

my solitary brother

let this white boy tell you--that once you go Mac--you nEVER go back!!