Page 418 of 458 FirstFirst ... 318368408413414415416417418419420421422423428 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 4576
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

Quote Originally Posted by josehip View Post
    cont
    180 Jaws 1975 Directed by Steven Spielberg 3/5

186 Ocean’s Eight 2018 Directed by Gary Ross
    3/5 for Jaws? Spielberg at his best is a great storyteller and Jaws is one of his best films and retains its power. You did not rate Oceans's Eight, was it that bad?

Apollo 13 (Ron Howard, 1995)

I had never seen this film before this week, and found it a good example of a real-life event turned into a well-crafted story with a good script and fine acting. This is a tense and gripping account which, from what I have read, is fairly close to what happened as much as a film can be. Is it a classic? I am not sure, but it does make me wonder if Tom Hanks is the most reliable actor in American film, has he ever been in a bad film? I am not a 100% fan of Saving Private Ryan largely because of the treacle tears Spielberg loads it with at the start and finish, but Hanks is constantly watchable.

Professional Poster Extraordinaire Professional Poster Cereal Escapist's Avatar

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

It is an adequate movie but I don't understand why it was so celebrated. I would say it is worth watching if nothing better is on.

-----
    ...on the matter of my lust, it appears clothes maketh woman!!!

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    3/5 for Jaws? Spielberg at his best is a great storyteller and Jaws is one of his best films and retains its power. You did not rate Oceans's Eight, was it that bad?
    The thing with Jaws is that it did not worked for me. Yeah, I know its a huge blockbuster, a true classic and people love it. I tried to liked too, but nope. I have this thing with Spielberg movies. I like some of them (tin tin, private ryan, minority report, ready player one, some parts of bridge of spies) and I HATE some of them (the post, close encounters...). Spielberg is hit or miss to me.

About Oceans, my bad It was late when I watched I just forgot to rate it. i like that one. its a solid 4/5. Its a fun movie, a nice way to turn the 'macho' around. All of them are funny as hell. The only thing missing is "the Soderbergh touch". The movie made a lot of money so I hope they will make another one.

Junior Poster

Deadpool 2...the only bad thing about it is that you have to watch it several times to catch all of the missed jokes.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BJ4TS View Post
    Deadpool 2...the only bad thing about it is that you have to watch it several times to catch all of the missed jokes.
    DEADPOOL 2 was just okay to me. Zazie Beetz was the best thing and she's only a few scenes. Hope her part gets way bigger in the next movie.

Senior Member Junior Poster

That god awful Death Wish.

Even the Charles Bronson ones is just straight up garbage

Senior Member Veteran Poster BlüeKarma's Avatar

Oceans Eight, it was ok but I'm a fan of heist movies so I could be slightly biased.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Ready Player One (Steven Spielberg, 201

A film that cost over $175 million to make and looks fantastic should be much better than this. A quest film in which a virtual reality player called Parzival (as in the Holy Fool of legend who recovered the Holy Grail) must solve three puzzles to liberate the world from the bad guys, which he does and that is about it. The film is loaded with references to video games, films and characters but cannot get beyond any of this to engage anyone over the age of 14. And if they are over 14, I suspect they need to 'get a life'.
    $175 million can do so much better in this world than waste two hours of your life.

Senior Member Silver Poster

I went to the movies for the first time in a long time to see Mission Impossible: Whatever yesterday. It cost thirtyfive bucks; sixteen for the movie, sixteen for the medium popcorn and coke, and three bucks for the candy I smuggled in. I walked two blocks to avoid the eight dollar parking fee. It was a good summer movie.

World Class Asshole