Page 375 of 458 FirstFirst ... 275325365370371372373374375376377378379380385425 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 4576
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

Blackhat (Michael Mann, 2015)
    In an erratic career which has at least seen some tightly woven, beautifully lit films, Michael Mann has plumbed the depths with this desperately bad film. So bad it isn't even worth listing all the things wrong with, I just don't have the time.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Rookie Poster

Finding Nemo

The perfect movie for Father's Day...

The Zero Theorem (Terry Gilliam, 2013)
    I don't recall reading about this film when it was released although it has all the dazzling sets one finds in most of Gilliam's films. This one has video games, computers, screens, liquids, wild parties, data crunching, alienated characters who have lost touch with their own soul, an abandoned church, a chaotic ad-strewn urban life, hip-hop, pizzas and weird pizza-delivery people/girl, cybersex, surveillance cameras, canny rodents, lots of clutter and weird machines -in fact a lot of the things one finds in Thomas Pynchon. Unfortunately when someone makes a film which argues barely half-way through, that even with the promise of eternal love, everything amounts to nothing, it does rather make watching the film a pointless experience. And sad to say Gilliam's phantasmagoric eye cannot rescue this tosh from the charity shop, which is where it is going next.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2333804/

Still Alice (2014)
    A low-key worthy film about Alzheimer's Disease which goes out of its way to be sensitive and non-controversial at the expense of depth of character and plot, or the cruelty one finds in Michael Haneke's Amour. Americans, I think, are sometimes terrified of being dangerous or cruel and this film plays it safe, with its gentle lighting, and drippy and repetitive music. The married couple, both academics have a well-financed home in New York, the house by the sea, and the woman forgetting her words is at the beginning a Professor of Linguistics. It is all so cute there is even a Black man in the film, and he isn't a cop, a crook or a cabbie, which must be an achievement of some sort. One wonders how early onset Alzheimer's affects families where the parents work three jobs, have multiple relatives to feed, live in a rough neigbourhood...and so on. It is not a bad film, but it is safe and predictable.

Senior Member Platinum Poster hardiron4u's Avatar

The Theory of Everything
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Movie The Theory of Everything.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	862825

Senior Member Veteran Poster BlüeKarma's Avatar

Final Girl, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2124787/
    Most people said it was mediocre but maybe because I have a fixation on revenge-fantasy fiction I enjoyed it immensely.

I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

in the last 24 hrs, i have seen Pixels and Vacation.

Pixels: 100% predictable but still has a laugh here or there, especially with q*bert. I really had low expectations for this movie and it met them. 3 out of 10. Honestly, it is more believable to me that an alien race sent pac man and donkey kong down to earth to take over the planet than kevin james being president but whatever, it is just another movie from happy madison where sandler follows the same misunderstood man-child formula he has in every other movie ever.

Vacation: Holy fuck Chevy Chase looks like shit. Other than that, it gets an A for effort in trying to pay homage to the original and has some genuinely funny moments. compared to the original Vacation, clearly all the camp is gone and modern low-brow humor replaces it so there is no point to comparing it in terms of humor...each fits the time in which it was released. The best comparison might be to We're The Millers, a modern family road trip movie with raunchy humor. It is not as funny as that in this man's opinion. 6 out of 10.

I will probably see the new mission impossible movie some time this weekend and if the last one is a guide, it should be a passable action movie. I'm going in expecting a 5 out of 10 so middle of the road expectations.

Let's face it...some women just look better with their clothes ON

Million Dollar Arm

Name:	Movie Million Dollar Arm.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	863006

Senior Member Veteran Poster BlüeKarma's Avatar

Hot Pursuit, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2967224/
    Kind of a female buddy version of Midnight Run but not really. Not too bad for what it is.

Now You See Me

Name:	Movie Now You See Me.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	864038