Page 357 of 458 FirstFirst ... 257307347352353354355356357358359360361362367407457 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 4579
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

Just watched "The Master" and wish I could have that 138 mins of my life back. Acting was great, cinematography & mis en scene, was what you'd expect from this director - but lacking any story, one would at least hope for a character study but I found myself knowing little (and caring less) about the characters or the point of making this film.

1 out of 3 members liked this post.

"12 Years a Slave"...HBO.
    Good movie, very well acted...though I think Brad Pitt was miscast for his part.
    Watching Lupita Nyong'o get brutally beaten upset the living shit outta me. It's goddamn heartbreaking. She's beautiful. You want to save her but you can't.
    ...probably need to lay off the weed a bit. I dunno.

"Snowpiercer"..Netflix.
    With a different director, I believe, this could have been a very good movie. Maybe someone like Terry Gilliam (or those French directors - Marc Caro & Jean-Pierre Jeunet). I'm normally a fan of Joon-Ho Bong...I loved "The Host" and "Mother". But even though the movie is a good idea...it doesn't quite work for me.

Last edited by fred41; 11-05-2014 at 02:47 AM. Reason: added some names

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

"The Lone Ranger"

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Senior Member Veteran Poster BlüeKarma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    "Snowpiercer"..Netflix.
    With a different director, I believe, this could have been a very good movie. Maybe someone like Terry Gilliam (or those French directors - Marc Caro & Jean-Pierre Jeunet). I'm normally a fan of Joon-Ho Bong...I loved "The Host" and "Mother". But even though the movie is a good idea...it doesn't quite work for me.
    Just saw that on netflix too, the ending didnt make any sense to me... but it was ok for what it was.

A film I'm curious to see....

Snowpiercer: Set in a future where a failed climate-change experiment kills all life on the planet except for a lucky few who boarded the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe, where a class system emerges.

I watched Interstellar Wednesday evening, caught like 3/4ths of Die Hard 4 today and am watching Deja Vu right now.

Those who anger you control you

I Love music, any kind of music ~ The O'Jays

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    A film I'm curious to see....

Snowpiercer: Set in a future where a failed climate-change experiment kills all life on the planet except for a lucky few who boarded the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe, where a class system emerges.
    Don't bother, it's shite.
    You'll never get those two hours back!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Question Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

Interstellar (2014)

Christopher Nolan's movies are all about the premise. Start clever and then take the audience through a bunch of twists and turns until they reach a satisfactory ending. In some ways he is hobbled by his initial success because he'll probably never make a movie as good as Memento, at least as long as he sticks to the clever/twisty turny formula.

I liked Interstellar, though it's not nearly as affecting as last year's Gravity, which deserved the awards it received. And this is an interesting comparison as that one ran for a spare 91 minutes of edge of your seat action, and this one is nearly 3 hours. The few reviews I've read since seeing the movie make a big deal of how Nolan explores the affects of relativity theory but don't let that fool you. You're still going to have to suspend a whole lotta disbelief to get through this one. Anyway, I found it entertaining and not disastrously preposterous like some movies in this genre such as Ridley Scott's Prometheus.

Professional Poster

Grooby - Thank You!!! everyone I know raves about 'The Master' and I thought it was a tedious pile of pretentious dog vomit. This film confirmed for me that Joaquin Phoenix is nothing more than a shitty mumbling no talent who somehow keeps landing roles in movies ( go watch Her or Walk The Line).