Page 351 of 458 FirstFirst ... 251301341346347348349350351352353354355356361401451 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 4579
    I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

47 ronin is my 2nd favorite keanu reeves movie....behind everyone else.

Let's face it...some women just look better with their clothes ON

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

A new French film "Bird People" - slow and dreamlike - about two people whose paths cross and who seek liberation. Rather magical

Senior Member Veteran Poster BlüeKarma's Avatar

Rage, not one of Nicholas Cage's better films.

"Ida" a Polish film directed by Paweł Pawlikowski and probably not the sort of fare most folk here might choose to watch. But it is a stunning and moving film - and very beautifully filmed in Black and White - about a young Catholic novitiate about to take her final vows and her journey of self discovery after she finds that she is Jewish. High recommended. And the closing music is divine - a Bach choral prelude.

Last edited by Prospero; 11-04-2014 at 02:30 PM.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

The Master (Paul Thomas Anderson, 2012)
    Can 'the Master', using his therapeutic techniques bring a rule-breaking, compulsive alcoholic with a broken family background to a new awareness of himself that will give him peace and enable him to live a better life? No. And after two hours and twenty three minutes of this pretentious garbage, one is not surprised. Anderson must have his admirers, or he would not get the funding to make the bloated, self-important and desperately awful films that litter his catalogue. For £5 I even got the 'two-disc' edition, but will not bother with the extras and give this to the charity shop.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

exactly my feelings aobut that film Stavros.

Veteran Poster

Denzel Washington's THE EQUALIZER. i loved it.
    i never saw the TV series and now
    i wish i had, since the movie seems based off the TV series.
    The film itself is very tactful and strategic. the villain started great but
    finished flat but the movie itself was the kind of bravo macho and blood violence i like seeing it.

Senior Member Veteran Poster transfan8591's Avatar

Akira
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Akira_movie_poster.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	752936  

-Dave Chappelle

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Gone Girl (David Fincher, 2014)
    Fincher returns to the theme of games/pretending that he has tackled before in films like Seven, Fight Club, The Game, and you could argue The Curious Case of Benjamin Button where all is not what it seems. The film is about an under-achiever from Missouri who moves to New York to be a writer and falls in love with and marries a high-end successful New Yorker with equally-high end aspirations, but a tendency to enjoy controlling men. They experience a financial crisis, like everyone else in the last 5 years, and remove to Missouri where their marriage goes badly wrong. If there is an over-riding theme it might be: Women are smart, devious and dangerous; Men are dumb, honest and useless. Whether or not this is a piece of misogyny I can't tell for sure as it is based on a story written by a woman who also wrote the screenplay, but I found this aspect of the film weighed it down, as well as the poorly delineated male lead. There are several plot holes, and in one scene a woman covered in blood leaves a hospital without the staff cleaning it off, that would never happen in real life.
    Rosamund Pike looks stunning in underwear, that is all that is worth seeing in this lame, tepid film.

Senior Member Junior Poster Yasmin Lee Fan's Avatar

I saw The Equalizer today. I always liked the T.V. series that the movie was based on, and I liked this movie through about the first three quarters of it. I especially liked the scene where Denzel shows up at the Russian mobsters office. This was a great action scene. The action/ fight choreography in this film was great, but I just think they over did it in the end. It turned into Rambo. Also, I don't know what I'll do if I see another action star walking in slow motion with an explosion in the background. This has been done to death. Lastly, I'd rather see Denzel Washington play this type of character than Liam Neeson. I think he does a much better job.