Page 349 of 458 FirstFirst ... 249299339344345346347348349350351352353354359399449 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 4576
    Member Rookie Poster Athena_Addams's Avatar

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

allidan , dead poets society, and FIsher King

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Tgirl-Cams AthenaAddams
    Twitter : AthenaAddams
    TSAthenaAddams.com

Senior Member Professional Poster Kevin Dong's Avatar

Pokemon: The First Movie

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Guardians of the Galaxy

great fun
    good music
    I am Groot

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Member Rookie Poster Ultron's Avatar

I watch the the MST3K version of Gamera vs. Gyaos (1967)...

There is nothing better than kaiju and robots...

Well...may-be robots riffing on kaiju...

Silver Poster

good movie but not as good as the first one- which was kinda boring at times for me. this only had a few small stories that had some plodding and unnecessary parts and one particular story which was extremely predicable (hint: eva green)-

other than that? the same film noir comic book orgyfest

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Nymphomainac vols 1 & 2 - Lars Von Trier (via Netflix) earlier review by Cerberus

I went back and looked at LVT's filmography and really couldn't recognize any of the film titles that I might have seen since Breaking the Waves. I guess through the years I always assumed I was seeing Lars' films when I really hadn't been. Part of this faulty memory might be due to his push to have movies filmed in the Dogme format, i.e. shaky handheld video cams. I never saw many of the Dogme films but I did see The Celebration, which I believe is a brilliant movie. Since it was a movie with a very grim storyline like BtW, I just assumed, without checking, that it was a Lars Von Trier movie, but of course, it wasn't.

My memory isn't good enough to be 100% sure but I believe Nymphomaniac is the first film by LVT that I've seen since Breaking the Waves. It was about 10-20 years ago that filmmakers were stating that on screen real sexual intercourse, with penetration, would be coming to theatres soon. Well, this movie surely broke through that barrier, although several others have too in recent years. I'm gathering Nympho was not widely distributed across worldwide theatre screens. Nevertheless, it's probably doing well in Netflix.

The movie is in 2 parts (about 4 hrs total) which tells the titular character's story through her own voice to a guy who saves her from a beating, played by Stellan Skarsgård. There's quite a few famous American actors who have guest roles in this flick, including Christian Slater, Uma Thurman, Shia LaBeouf and Willem Dafoe. If I had to characterize some sub-genre that this movie belongs to it would have to be movies about addiction, or maybe even more specifically, movies about women with addiction. The various stories the main character tells are interesting to varying degrees. The problem for me with addiction stories is that they generally don't build to any interesting climax (excuse the pun-like phrasing), barring the recovery storyline, which this movie doesn't have. That's why despite the decent acting, somewhat erotic scenes, and somewhat interesting stories, I can't really rate this much more than 3 stars. 4 hours is a pretty big investment for a movie. Truthfully, watching the first part and getting the gist of it and not bothering with the 2nd part wouldn't really be a bad approach to the movie.

Lone Survivor.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lone_Survivor.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	748047  

Senior Member Junior Poster Yasmin Lee Fan's Avatar

Saw " November Man ". I saw preview a couple of weeks ago and it looked good. Movie was somewhat of a letdown though. Okay action movie, but could have been better. Pierce Brosnan did a pretty good job, but something was off. Direction, pacing; I can't put my finger on it.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier...(on Amazon )

I liked it...but I kinda liked the first one better.
    Of course this is just a build up (as is the SHIELD television show) to the next Avengers film. Makes you think at some point, instead of making them movies, they may have to break them up into cable show series.
    Also...I was never a big Scarlett Johansson fan and I probably would have cast someone else to play Black Widow...but she's grown on me.

Senior Member Veteran Poster BlüeKarma's Avatar

The Giver, I can't imagine a worse scenario than an emotionless utopia.