Page 286 of 458 FirstFirst ... 186236276281282283284285286287288289290291296336386 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 4579
    Silver Poster

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

prometheus: a bunch of lunckhead scientist types go to a planet to meet a giant christianxxx then get killed. really bad.

goodfellas: ray liotta joins the mob. really fun film. scorsese killed it (then nailed it to the wall) did anyone notice debra mazar was liotta's fucktoy? yummy!

hitchcock: okay. remember when you were in school and someone did an impression of someone else and you thought "yep. that's him" but they didn't do it for too long because it wasn't a good enough impression? well- this movie is that- except it's like 2hrs long. embarrassingly bad. but helen mirren is gorgeous. i actually masturbated to her at one point during this film

Cat People - the 1981 remake of the 1942 pic by the same name. The David Bowie song was there first, before it hit Inglorious Basterds or however it's spelled. Nastassja Kinski was really very good in it, and Malcolm McDowell was also a bit more sympathetic than usual. A bit too subdued, but still a good watch.

Wow! Look at my cat avatar!

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Cloud Atlas (Tykwer, Wachowski & Wachowski 2012)

Fantastic production of the book which does not amount to a drop of water in the ocean. The one cute device in a film part-directed by Lana Wachowski is the use of the same actor in multiple roles and particularly trans-gendering, not that it makes it any more interesting to watch. Ben Whishaw a compelling actor. Is it just me or is Tom Hanks improving as he gets older?

Official HungAngels Sponsor! Professional Poster darkrose2000's Avatar

Smile Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Cloud Atlas (Tykwer, Wachowski & Wachowski 2012)

Fantastic production of the book which does not amount to a drop of water in the ocean. The one cute device in a film part-directed by Lana Wachowski is the use of the same actor in multiple roles and particularly trans-gendering, not that it makes it any more interesting to watch. Ben Whishaw a compelling actor. Is it just me or is Tom Hanks improving as he gets older?
    Completely agree and great movie indeed.

For the protocol - Just made my first attempt to start watching this Breaking bad series.
    Watched the 1st episode last night, will see...

Regards,
    K.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

I am watching, at great leisure, Friday Night Lights. It simply does not make me any more interested in American football (for football as you Americans prefer to call it0 Give me soccer any day - and i don't even enjoy that!

Next up - sometime in 2014 - Breaking Bad

Junior Member Rookie Poster

Boris Karloff's "Black Sabbath" last night. It was terrible!! But, so creepy. I loved it!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

The Counselor (director Ridley Scott and screenplay by Cormac McCarthy).
    You have to listen to this movie. Wonderful lines, dialog and monologs...some delivered by even the most minor characters. (NPR complained the dialog was realistic, that no one would say those things in those ways. I agree. But that doesn't detract from Shakespeare, nor does it detract from McCarthy.)

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

oops! NPR complained the dialog was NOT realistic. (Why oh why can't we edit our posts???)

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

Prometheus. Made virtually no sense. And I LOVE the Alien movies.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Prometheus was utter crud, wasn't it.