Page 435 of 458 FirstFirst ... 335385425430431432433434435436437438439440445 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,350 of 4576

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

Extraction (2020). A combination of Hollywood and Bollywood efforts staring Chris Hemsly. Quite alot of action and to me, well done.

Professional Poster Extraordinaire Professional Poster Cereal Escapist's Avatar

I unfortunately have three meh reviews as I saw 3 movies in the last 3 days

1. greyhound.
    tom hanks has not acted in a movie in over 10 years. he is the same person, movie after movie and it is tiring. he sucks as an action star and the rest of the cast is lame. the story is not compelling and I wasted my time on this dreck.

2. guns akimo
    the last act of the movie is tolerable but it devolves into something far less than it promises by the end. the first 2/3 of the movie drag a lot and the gimmick of having guns screwed to your hands is pointless. other movies tried this formula better and did it better. better than greyhound but still a waste of time.

3. the old guard
    what promise this had but it ended up being part telanovella, part highlander and part every other movie where the business man wants immortality. lame and while the least waste of time since the action is good, there is NO mystery to the story and you see the twist a mile away even if you never read the comic. It does not deserve the praise it is getting but as of right now, for the last 3 movies I watched, it was the most tolerable.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    -----
    ...on the matter of my lust, it appears clothes maketh woman!!!

Senior Member Junior Poster

Enter The Dragon from the new Criterion Bruce Lee box set

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Am I right in thinking that Bruce Lee, for all his pioneering work in making Martial Arts films mainstream that before occupied a niche, is in fact a crude mover compared to the more balletic versions that have appeared in the wake of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon? Or is it the case that the more recent MA films are too pretty and that Lee has it about right? It is not a genre I am that keen on, though I have enjoyed films such as Crouching Tiger film, House of Flying Daggers, Zatoichi, Transporter...years ago I knew a MA fanatic who insisted King Hu's The Fate of Lee Khan was one of the best films ever made, yet when I saw it a few yeas back I was not that impressed -maybe it looked better in the late 1970s than in the 21st c? Or maybe I just didn't get it?

"Vantage Point"... Weird flick about a Presidential assassination/abduction plot.

Professional Poster Extraordinaire Professional Poster Cereal Escapist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CORVETTEDUDE View Post
    "Vantage Point"... Weird flick about a Presidential assassination/abduction plot.
    I really wanted to like vantage point as I do enjoy movies that have time line fluctuations and various points of view but I think, at the end of the day, the style and filming gimmick took center stage over the plot of the movie. Too much attention was paid to making a slick movie rather than a compelling story.

Also, it is weird to think that this movie introduced the term POTUS to the masses as apparently before that most people did not know the term.

-----
    ...on the matter of my lust, it appears clothes maketh woman!!!

Senior Member Junior Poster

Ralph Bakshi's Hey Good Lookin'

Senior Member Professional Poster

Midway - the story of the WW2 struggle between the US and Japan for control of the Pacfic Ocean, culminating in the battle of Midway

Member Rookie Poster

Frozen. Don't judge me.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by setterman View Post
    Frozen. Don't judge me.
    Did your mum take you? Or was it your TS Filipina girlfriend? They like that movie as much as they like Jollibee...