Page 369 of 458 FirstFirst ... 269319359364365366367368369370371372373374379419 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 4576
    Senior Member Professional Poster Absarokah's Avatar

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Son_of_God_film_poster.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	815041  

LIVE YOUR DREAMS, FULFILL YOUR FANTASIES

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    A Most Wanted Man (Gunther Bachmann, 2014)
    A spy caper taken from a book by John Le Carre and set in Hamburg. A competent film that doesn't flag, but which doesn't really catch fire either. That the main focus of the film spends most of his time muttering or flying paper aeroplanes into plastic partition does not give depth to this tepid movie. In fact, towards the end of it I realised I could not remember the name of it, and doubt I shall remember much about it in the weeks and months to come.
    Funny how all of these Le Carre movies ,although produced / directed by different people over several decades , seem to have that "never catches fire" quality. I think I enjoyed the books more ,but also found myself putting them aside to finish later.
    However , I like Le Carre as a writer and as a person. His roots go way back to the Oxford College 'old boys network' /Kim Philby days.
    Looking forward to the upcoming TV series ,The Night Manager.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Brooklyn CD ladyboy Veteran Poster CD_Sasha's Avatar

Bourne Supremacy. Huge fan of the Bourne series here

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Senior Member Professional Poster

The Punisher(Tom Jane version)
    Remembered why this was one of my favorite movies back in high school.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by sukumvit boy View Post

Funny how all of these Le Carre movies ,although produced / directed by different people over several decades , seem to have that "never catches fire" quality. I think I enjoyed the books more ,but also found myself putting them aside to finish later.
    However , I like Le Carre as a writer and as a person. His roots go way back to the Oxford College 'old boys network' /Kim Philby days.
    Looking forward to the upcoming TV series ,The Night Manager.
    I agree, although I would make an exception for the two BBC tv series' with Alec Guinness -Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy (1979) and Smiley's People (1982) possibly working better for being much longer than a feature film. There are no car chases or action scenes in Le Carre, perhaps that is what the films are lacking. The Little Drummer Girl was also a flop on screen.

Senior Member Professional Poster Absarokah's Avatar

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swing-parade-of-1946-movie-poster-1946-1020678034.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	815330  

LIVE YOUR DREAMS, FULFILL YOUR FANTASIES

Senior Member Veteran Poster Plaything's Avatar

when i see you sky as a kite
    as high as i might, i can't get that high
    the how you move
    the way you burst the clouds
    it makes me want to try

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Going Clear (2015 - currently on HBO)
    If you know little or nothing about Scientology, its roots and its current problems, then you will probably find this documentary to be fascinating, and perhaps utterly so. If you've read the various accounts of ex-members through the years, then there might not be much new for you here. Hubbard was probably a pyschopath and Miscavige is surely a sociopath. 90% of the story of Scientology revolves around the figure eight orbits around those two men. What the general public doesn't realize is that far less than 10% of the story revolves around Travolta and Cruise.

Sinatra: All or Nothing at All (2015 - currently on HBO)
    I confess I only saw the last 2 out of 3 hours of this documentary and will very likely not watch the first hour on re-run, unless I have a hankering for some old photos of Ava Gardner. Nothing new here really that we didn't already know about Sinatra. The filmmaker(s) sort of poked at the intrigue around his being a hardcore Kennedy Democrat and then later finding great love for Reagan, Nixon and, yes, Agnew. The entire documentary is like this - mention the intriguing stuff but don't bother doing some tough investigation and drawing strong conclusions. I guess that was the price they paid to get Sinatra family involvement. The most interesting part of it was listening to Mia Farrow's narration of the events of his courtship and brief marriage to her.

Senior Member Junior Poster Yasmin Lee Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CD_Sasha View Post
    Bourne Supremacy. Huge fan of the Bourne series here
    Jason Bourne will return next year. They're making a new one. I love those movies even though I've never been a big fan of Matt Damon. By the way, every movie he's made since the Bourne films has been a flop. Paul Greengrass will return to direct. I read that Damon wouldn't do it without him. Can't wait to see that Bourne style action again. This should be good. Extreme ways are back again...

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yasmin Lee Fan View Post
    Jason Bourne will return next year. They're making a new one. I love those movies even though I've never been a big fan of Matt Damon. By the way, every movie he's made since the Bourne films has been a flop. Paul Greengrass will return to direct. I read that Damon wouldn't do it without him. Can't wait to see that Bourne style action again. This should be good. Extreme ways are back again...
    I wonder if Tony Gilroy will be involved in the writing. Gilroy seems to be the common link btwn the 3 movies, all of which seemed quite strong to me. It's tough to make a trilogy and not have a weak link in there, but they pulled it off in this series.

I think Damon is a serviceable leading man and does a decent job in most of his roles. I thought he carried off both The Good Shepherd and The Adjustment Bureau in a credible way.