Page 355 of 458 FirstFirst ... 255305345350351352353354355356357358359360365405455 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 4576
    Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa View Post
    The Book of Life - very nicely made - visually stunning

Also saw Fury - somewhat frustrating - the 1st 100 minutes had the making of an all time classic - but the last set piece was OTT heroics. Still worth seeing overall - but could have been so much more
    I saw Book of Life, too. Your comments are correct but the story itself is a little weak. I had hoped this might be an animation flick with more adult themes, but sadly it barely rose above any of the Shrek or Toy Story movies. I'm not asking for another Fritz the Cat but it would be nice if someone could use animation to tell a story that rose above the pablum served up by Pixar/Dreamworks & Disney, indie and short animation excepted.

Senior Member Junior Poster

A Most Wanted Man.

Excellent performance from Philip Seymour Hoffman even if you do have to listen quite hard to pick up a lot of the dialogue.
    Intelligent thriller with the beautiful Rachel McAdams.
    She'd have it!

"Fury". I kept waiting for it to take off but it never did. After seeing "Saving Private Ryan" and balling like a baby the first 15 minutes all else pales in comparison.

" I don't pay them(Women) for sex, I pay them to leave".

Charlie Sheen

Senior Member Junior Poster Yasmin Lee Fan's Avatar

Fury was the last movie I saw also. Not what I expected. It made the Americans look worse than the Germans !

Fury had some great action and performances, even Shia la shit was good, but it's depiction of women was pretty bad and almost everyone in it as an Ass hole lol. Amend those 2 things and you'd have a much better film. Still a decent war movie though. But the poor treatment of women In it (verbal jokes too) went too far for me and felt out of place. The dinner scene (and it's build up) just felt so off, almost every part of it.

The judge was really good.

Turtles was surprisingly not as bad as I feared, the story is stupid and the human stuff dull, fox is poor but the turtles are fun and the action decent (can't touch the 1990 film though)

Quote Originally Posted by StingerZ_UK View Post
    Not strictly a Movie but Im playing catch up on The Walking Dead.
    Im upto Series 4 at the moment and loving it

I love the walking dead, I'm on the current series 5, just awesome, rick is my fav character

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    The Barbarian Invasions.... a 2004 french canadian film about a man wo is termially ill with cancer. Sounds like a real downer, but it is actually funny and moving. really impressive film.

Also "Cloud Atlas' - sadly from an intriguing book the film is a mess.

And a few minutes of this drivel. From the once terrific David Lynch.

I loved the cloud atlas film, thought it was beautiful in pales too, it's very complicated and layered though,

I've not read the book.

Places

Hunger Games Part 2, which I guess will be followed by Hunger Games Part 3 Part1, followed by Part 3 Part 2. Confusing.

Anyway, this latest version (Part 2) which is on Netflix is hardly the stuff of legends. Not exactly Empire Strikes Back-ish in quality despite leaving us in mid-story. Obviously they're trying to morph this series into The Matrix, where the main character is some sort of savior. It's pretty poor in comparison. J-Law is not saving this series despite what they're trying to do with her character. With Part 3 Part 1 coming out very soon, it would be cool if she bailed on Part 3 Part 2. A lot of Hollywood execs would shit their pants if she did that, but I doubt that she has the guts to do it. I have no idea why Woody Harrelson would continue to want to be associated with this unless they're about to foreclose on one of his mansions. Critically acclaimed shit like True Detective doesn't exactly pay the mortgage on Santa Monica homes.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

True Detective (HBO)

I mentioned this in my last post and technically it's not a movie, but I caught this on video and was very, very impressed. And really, one could be forgiven for thinking of this as a very long movie (8 hours), especially considering they're doing season 2 with an entirely different cast and entirely different storyline.

Casting Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey in a crime drama at the peak of the careers is practically a can't miss, but the author of the book who drafted the screenplay brought a pretty damn good story to the table, as well. Some damn good television and since they're not stretching the Harrelson/McConaughey story any further, it's about as tight a story as has been told in television format.