Page 155 of 458 FirstFirst ... 55105145150151152153154155156157158159160165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 4576
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

Honestly, are you a pompous idiot, or are you BRITISH??!!!!
    ha ha, Ok mate, you win.

I'm waiting for Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy to come out on DVD. I thought on the whole this was a crappy year for movies.

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Platinum Poster

'll admit to an occasional tendency to pomposity, and British, but idiot I think is unfair, there are times when I like winding people up; I should not always be taken seriously. Anyway if you have the choice, the BBC tv series Tinker Tailor, Soldier Spy with Alec Guinness (and the sequel series Smiley's People) is vastly superior to the film, which is rubbish. The tv series has the length needed to draw out the main characters and the sub-plots, whereas in the film although there are 4 assumed spooks of whom one is a traitor, only one of them has more than a few lines to speak. It is badly written, badly acted and in all a waste of time and money.

That's what my sister in law said-....slow, but my brother liked it. I like Gary Oldman and Alec Guiness? .......Yeah, he was George Smiley.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GeorgeSmiley.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	453732  

World Class Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    That's what my sister in law said-....slow, but my brother liked it. I like Gary Oldman and Alec Guiness? .......Yeah, he was George Smiley.

Jeez...did Patrick Stewart ever have hair?

Yes, I saw Stewart with hair when he played Ajax in Shakespeare's Troilus and Cressida for the Royal Shakespeare Company in London, I think it was 1968 or 1969. Helen Mirren was Cressida, and yes, she took her clothes even then. I think she has always felt confident about her body.

Unlike the film, the tv series had the time to develop the characters and also it succeeded in making the world of spooks seem believable. The gay character in the film is straight in the tv series; the opening act of treachery in Budapest in the film, is shot outside Prague in the tc series. I have been trying to think of spy films that really work, but I can't think of many. I don't count the Bond films as they are cinema's equivalent of the Big Mac and beyond my comprehension. The Bourne films are outstanding until Brian Cox and Albert Finney appear, The Parallax View is about conspiracy theory rather than spies, any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Yes, I saw Stewart with hair when he played Ajax in Shakespeare's Troilus and Cressida for the Royal Shakespeare Company in London, I think it was 1968 or 1969. Helen Mirren was Cressida, and yes, she took her clothes even then. I think she has always felt confident about her body.

Unlike the film, the tv series had the time to develop the characters and also it succeeded in making the world of spooks seem believable. The gay character in the film is straight in the tv series; the opening act of treachery in Budapest in the film, is shot outside Prague in the tc series. I have been trying to think of spy films that really work, but I can't think of many. I don't count the Bond films as they are cinema's equivalent of the Big Mac and beyond my comprehension. The Bourne films are outstanding until Brian Cox and Albert Finney appear, The Parallax View is about conspiracy theory rather than spies, any more?

There was a good miniseries on the American TNT network a few years ago called The Company. It dealt with the beginnings of the CIA following the end of WW II and the start of the Cold War. Starring Chris O'Donnell, Michael Keaton, Alfred Molina, Alessandro Nivola, Michael Gambon. Robert DeNiro directed, and starred along with Matt Damon, in a film called The Good Shepherd, which covers similar ground about the CIA being created out of the defunct OSS. Breach, starring Chris Cooper and Ryan Phillppe, is based on the true story of the takedown of Robert Hanssen, a CIA operative who had been selling state secrets to the Soviet Union for years before being caught.

"Wait Until Dark" w/ Audrey Hepburn. It was pretty dated but really good.

I just finished watching Moon, which was excellent.

the last movie ive watched is called " get me out of here"

Junior Poster

i just saw "Drive"
    fuck that was good, audio engineer was sick, no wonder he won an Oscar