Member Rookie Poster

Default Is This A Thing?

When I first realised I was into transgender women, I asked myself the same question we all likely do, "am I gay?" etc. This isn't another topic asking that question though LOL. It's a topic asking a different one. Whilst trying to figure out what my sexuality was at the time I did some research online and I kept coming across the same articles/threads - "men who transition into women mainly do it so they can sleep with straight men". While I don't believe anywhere near the majority of trans women transition for that reason, and it does seem like an awful lot of trouble to go to just to bed straight men, I'm still intrigued as to whether or not that kinda thing does exist? When I Google it now I can't find anything about it. Any ideas?

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Is This A Thing?

Yes, it is a thing, because there are lots of 'things' that motivate people to do what they do. I used to know a transexual who assumed when she was in puberty that she was gay, but who then discovered she was not comfortable going to gay bars or clubs. She did not enjoy being a man among men, it just didn't make sense. There is also the factor that a proportion of Gay men look down on transgendered people. When she started cross dressing -and she was exceptionally attractive- she was not only more comfortable in herself, but having sex multiple times a day with different men, none of whom were gay. The logic of transition followed, and she has since had SRS and as far as I know is satisfied with her decisions.

When it comes to sex, people will do extraordinary things to get it. And why not? As long as it is not illegal or causes harm.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Default Re: Is This A Thing?

Quote Originally Posted by vboy01 View Post
    Whilst trying to figure out what my sexuality was at the time I did some research online and I kept coming across the same articles/threads - "men who transition into women mainly do it so they can sleep with straight men".
    I haven't read enough of this research to judge whether you are summarising it correctly. Are they really saying that is the main reason for transitioning, or is it just an implication of thinking of themselves as a woman? If someone really thinks of themselves as a women it would seem logical that they would want to be with men they think of as straight rather than gay men.