Page 371 of 458 FirstFirst ... 271321361366367368369370371372373374375376381421 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 4576
    Senior Member Veteran Poster BlüeKarma's Avatar

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

Seventh Son, wasn't too bad for what it was... a low rent sword & sorcery flick. Jeff Bridges is one of my favorite actors so I'll watch any old piece of junk he's in, lol.

Senior Member Professional Poster Absarokah's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MV5BMTk0MDQ3MzAzOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzU1NzE3MjE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	838888

LIVE YOUR DREAMS, FULFILL YOUR FANTASIES

Member Rookie Poster smoothrobb's Avatar

Avengers: Age of Ultron and it was the tits. Not as good as the first one but still one of the best I've seen so far this year
    GREAT way to start off blockbuster season. My favorite time of year!
    Feel free to read my movie reviews, once I manage to launch my blog!

They don't call me Top Dog for nothin
    SmoothRobb is strongest there is

Senior Member Junior Poster bling2112's Avatar

They said it will also have Jeremy Renner. This usualy means that they will most likley kill of one the actors, Damen or Renner. I've seen them do it in a lot of movies.

Hattori Hanzo: Revenge is never a straight line. It's a forest, And like a forest it's easy to lose your way... To get lost... To forget where you came in.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Norte, The End of History (Lav Diaz, 2014)
    At just over four hours this is one of the shortest films Diaz has made, and is a version of Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment relocated to Ilocos Norte in the Philippines. A brilliant law student who has dropped out of law school has become so obsessed with the end of history and all conventional ideas as nothing but a construct that he is unable, intellectually, to engage with his studies or indeed with life, other than at a purely emotional level. This leads him into destructive and self-destructive behaviour, with a devastating impact on a poor family who have to sell their Carenderia when the husband cannot work owing to an injury and the local moneylender moves in to claim the business. It is not clear why the husband takes the rap for the murder of the moneylender and why his appeals never succeed, some may feel that in the four hours it takes to tell this story detail is not one of Diaz's strong points, whereas the photography is outstanding. It was a moving film, but not in an overwhelming way, there is virtually no dialogue for long parts of the film. It also has a performance by the transgendered actor Raymond Lee who produced the Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros. I would only recommend this to people who can sit through very long and very slow paced films. It also maintains the trend for 'art films' from the Philippines to depict the country as a wasteland of hope where life is nasty, brutal and short.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster hardiron4u's Avatar

The Judge with Robert Downey Jr., and Robert Duvall
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Judge.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	839294  

Senior Member Platinum Poster hardiron4u's Avatar

The Imitation Game
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Imitation Game.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	840895  

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Norte, The End of History (Lav Diaz, 2014)
    At just over four hours this is one of the shortest films Diaz has made, and is a version of Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment relocated to Ilocos Norte in the Philippines. A brilliant law student who has dropped out of law school has become so obsessed with the end of history and all conventional ideas as nothing but a construct that he is unable, intellectually, to engage with his studies or indeed with life, other than at a purely emotional level. This leads him into destructive and self-destructive behaviour, with a devastating impact on a poor family who have to sell their Carenderia when the husband cannot work owing to an injury and the local moneylender moves in to claim the business. It is not clear why the husband takes the rap for the murder of the moneylender and why his appeals never succeed, some may feel that in the four hours it takes to tell this story detail is not one of Diaz's strong points, whereas the photography is outstanding. It was a moving film, but not in an overwhelming way, there is virtually no dialogue for long parts of the film. It also has a performance by the transgendered actor Raymond Lee who produced the Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros. I would only recommend this to people who can sit through very long and very slow paced films. It also maintains the trend for 'art films' from the Philippines to depict the country as a wasteland of hope where life is nasty, brutal and short.

I've been meaning to watch this just haven't gotten around to it. I've spent quite a bit of time in the Philippines over the past 3 years and I can assure you that life here is nasty and brutal. One just has to scratch the surface of sunshine/smiles/simplicity and the nastiness looks you right in the eye. I've never encountered a more corrupt - morally and ethically - nation than what I've found in Phils. For a voyeur like me, this place has no end of interesting and intriguing things to observe.

The film sounds like it's a documentary more than a work of fiction.

Senior Member Professional Poster Absarokah's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MV5BMzg3MjU5OTI5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTM1NDMyMjE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	841291

LIVE YOUR DREAMS, FULFILL YOUR FANTASIES

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

The Rover.
    Not very often you see a midget get shot in the head!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!