Page 450 of 458 FirstFirst ... 350400440445446447448449450451452453454455 ... LastLast
Results 4,491 to 4,500 of 4576

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

TOP GUN - Maverick

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Cyrano (Joe Wright, 2021)

Revising Rostand's tour de force of lyrical drama into a musical has been a mistake, and nothing can rescue this attempt from the dustbin. The acting throughout is dire, so let's not ransack the dictionary to find an even more negative word to describe the 'singing'.

Non, merci!

The Accountant

Senior Member Veteran Poster BlüeKarma's Avatar

Thor Love & Thunder. it was OK if you could turn your brain off (I could not) there were some attempts at humor that made me smirk, the strong female roles were nice I guess, Christian Bale was wasted in this but he is awesome and managed to be a compelling villain. 6/10

The Pale Blue Eye (Scott Cooper, 2022)

A collection of English/British actors assembles in the military academy at West Point, part of an odd detective drama that has Edgar Allan Poe as a character -yes, he did a spell in Westpoint- and tries to use some of the techniques in Poe's fiction to weave a tale within a tale. The result is not quite excruciating boredom, but flipping heck. I admit I was probably asleep for the last twenty minutes, and it made no difference to me or the film.

Viewed on a friend's Netflix account, so I can say I didn't pay for it.

Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (Rian Johnson, 2022)

Is Benoit Blanc going to become the detective version of Mission:Impossible? The cameos in the film suggest well-known people want to be part of the franchise, presumably in case we forget who they are. We may be reaching a point where it is best to forget Benoit Blanc is an English actor pretending to be a gay Southern Gentleman, though I understand Daniel Craig is now a US Citizen.

The film is as entertaining as the original Knives Out, which was not original, but had some spectacularly fizzy acting, and this one does too, though overall the roster is less good, with weak performances from Kate Hudson and two other women I had never heard of. Probably the best moment is provided by Serena Williams, but hey, that's showbusiness.

Senior Member Junior Poster

The last movie I watched was 'Huldufólk 102'. A documentary about the hidden people of Iceland. You can easily find and watch it.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808308/?ref_=ttls_li_tt

China Girl by Abel Ferrara...a great, gritty throwback movie like a mobster Romeo & Juliet. You can watch for free on Tubi

Anne with an E (Pelican Ballet, 2017-2019)

I am putting this in movies but it could be a tv series, as I watched it on a friend's Netflix account, or rather, we watched it together. The series is derived from the series of novels, Anne of Green Gables, one of the (few) classics of Canadian literature

A coming-of-age series that is focused on a strong-willed but attractive character called Anne who, orphaned at an early age and miserable in care homes, finds love on a farm in Prince Edward Island. The acting, by the Irish-born Amybeth McNulty, and Geraldine James, is what carries this through, though by series 3 it was struggling to maintain an interest, and some of the Canadian actors are, well, equipped with shall we say, 'basic skills'. It was enjoyable at times, but not something to stretch the imagination, though it might justify a trip to PEI if you are in Canada, though I suspect as part of a Coast-to-Coast adventure. I give this 7/10 for enjoyment.

Anne with an E - Wikipedia

Clemency (Chinonye Chukwu, 2019)

The Warden of a US prison supervises executions, which eventually begins to undermine her self-confidence. An understated film with fine performances from Alfre Woodward and Wendell Pierce, but not surprises.