Page 334 of 458 FirstFirst ... 234284324329330331332333334335336337338339344384434 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 4578
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Hereafter (Clint Eastwood, 2010)
    I don't recall any reviews of this terrible film when it was released, and I am not surprised. Eastwood has made some first class films, this is not one of them. The idea that there is something after death is hardly original, nor is it original to have three people from three different countries coming together in a unifying climax, but none of it rings true, not least because it takes more than a year to publish a book yet within what seems a few months the French woman has both written and published a book. Matt Damon as a forked-lift truck driver doesn't really work, he isn't that good as a psychic either. The English boy cannot act, looks at the camera at least twice, but the dialogue overall is weak. Not one of Eastwood's memorable films. Maybe he should retire.
    Oh, that one. Haven't seen it. Not even sure I heard of it.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Noah (Darren Aronofsky, 2014)
    This is a confused, and confusing film. God makes no appearance in it, although 'the creator' does. Unfortunately before the film started we had to sit through those ridiculous trailers full of bangs and whooshes, and a trailer for Transformers: Age of Extinction, so it was quite unsettling to see these Transformers, now, as it were, transformed into the English-speaking good guys, building the Ark. Anyone who thinks this is a faithful account of the Genesis story will be disappointed -the 'serpent' crawls along the ground in the Garden of Eden to tempt Eve even though according to Genesis it was only after the discovery of original sin that the serpent was punished by being made to crawl on the ground.
    You may be interested to know, if you are a student of ancient history, that Cain and his descendants founded an -and I quote- 'an industrial civilisation'...or does this suggest we are not in biblical times at all, but some dystopian future in which snakeskin has magic properties, and nuggets of something called Zahar which, when tapped, explodes into light and fire (I prefer Zatar), but an age in which when necessary -as when the Ark is besieged by thousands of nasty people -an unseen hand wipes away all one's troubles?
    Noah, excellently mumbled and grunted by Russell Crowe (if you want mumbles and grunts), claims he has been instructed by the Creator to marshal the natural world into the Ark to cleanse the world of its wickedness and corruption in preparation for a new start, which will not include humans. For reasons which are, shall we say, flexible, Noah changes his mind after the flood, although of course his inability to slay his new grandchildren and thus terminate human life from earth, is a 'sign from above' that he made the right decision. Exhausted and confused he crawls away to a cave to get pissed on the wine he has made from the grapes of the new world...he also strips butt naked on the beach, as an Aussie would, even in this film, and in any age.
    According to the credits, Nick Nolte is in this farago of rubbish somewhere, it doesn't matter if you don't see him. Also, be warned: at over two hours this film for the most part is soaked in so-called 'music' which consists of three notes played over and over and over again, with the only variation two-notes, or maybe five, whatever it is, it is all but guaranteed to drive one to insanity. You would have to be part-insane to watch this film.
    I like Jennifer Connolly, so I think she needs to change her agent. A deliciously attractive English girl, Emma Watson, screams a lot, because she cannot act, as if that mattered. I am not sure who Darren Aronofsky is, and to be frank, I don't want to know.
    But a great advert for Iceland, where most of it was filmed (you surely don't think this would have been shot in the Middle East, now, do you?).

Silly Movie Here....The Naked Gun......Epic Movie!

Better than Noah!! Just think of the laughs!

Fuck Noah!!!

Veteran Poster

Raid 2: Berandal

it doesn't come close to comparing to the 1st original Raid film (Redemption)
    although the fights at the very end were very impressive but anyone that
    recalls the first Raid knows how that entire film never let up and had such
    great action sequences and pace throughout the entire film, whereas
    Raid 2 has way too much dialogue that drags and slows down the film
    much too often. And i was totally confused and disappointed that one introduced, highly skilled character
    was killed off so very early after only a couple of very brief appearances.
    Raid 2 Bernal does carry some of the heavy violence and blood-gore load
    that we saw in the first one. the fantastic fight ending and the
    early prison fights make it entertaining enough to call it an overall good film ... but it's not great.
    Again it's nowhere on the level of the 1st Raid: Redemption film which
    was just AWESOME and never slowed or let up throughout the entire film !!

Last edited by pantybulge69; 04-15-2014 at 01:29 AM.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

"Twenty Feet From Stardom" documentary lite, but fabulously entertaining film about the great women singers working as back-up to many of the most famous rock stars. Fantastic voices and feisty girls. Loved it.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Prospero; 04-15-2014 at 09:36 AM.

I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

annie hall.

as woody allen movies go...it is standard fare and not my favorite one he has made.

as rom/com movies go...it is standard fare as well.

i really don't understand why this is in AFI's top 100 list. what am i missing???

Let's face it...some women just look better with their clothes ON

Blue is the Warmest Colour (Abdellatif Kechiche, 2013)
    I wasn't sure what to expect given the hype over the sex scenes in this film, which in French is called The Life of Adele, Chapters 1 and 2. What is remarkable about the film is not so much the sex, but the framing device which Kechiche uses which means almost all of the film is shot in close up, or when dealing with groups, close enough to blot out most of the background. This intensifies the focus on the characters but also intensifies the emotions which shape the relationship between Adele and Emma, but luckily without some ghastly hysterical ending. In fact, it is the immediacy of the majority of the shots that gives the concluding shot its shocking depth, making it so painful. Even with a few cliches, this is a bold and powerful film in which, ultimately, being a lesbian is not as important as the authenticity of the feelings expressed between two exceptional actors. Adele Exarchopoulos is mesmerising as Adele, a stunning performance.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

"Fair Game" with Naomi Watts and Sean Penn. A drama based on the outrageous scapegoating by the White house of the former CIA operative Valerie Plame and her husband when he blew the whistle on the lies of the Bush administration over Yellow Cake uranium from Niger and Iraqi so-called WMD. Low key but sure footed piece of film making. Scooter Libby took the fall for this act but the true criminals from Bush downwards are still free and immune from justice for the illegal invasion of Iraq.