Page 203 of 458 FirstFirst ... 103153193198199200201202203204205206207208213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 4579
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    What about American Gangster?
    He was a criminal in that but I thought he was more villainous as a police officer in Training Day. I like American Gangster too.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Did you like Denzel Washington in Training Day? I'm not a huge fan of his but I enjoyed that role. Like to see him play another baddie.
    I don't know Training Day and on the basis of the films I have seen him in, I will give it a miss. American Gangster was a poor film in every aspect, a film based on real life events which for that reason abandoned any pretence at imagination and was a pedestrian march through recorded events with not much interest in them or the main character, played with an effortless lack of artistry by Washington, whose demeanor, voice and reactions are more or less the same in all his films, and just as empty.

So last night I gave this acting dud another chance when The Book of Eli (2009) was shown on tv, a film so malevolent, so ill-conceived that it is shameful to imagine anyone pitching it to a studio -why any studio wanted to film this filth is beyond me. Whatever. Here is a post-war earth, partially stripped of its natural resources, but one in which any sense that science will be able to restore a system of food production, clean water and shelter does not exist -another American attack on science from the biblicals- but where the claim that it was religion that started the war meant that almost every bible was destroyed. One lone man with 'a book' (oh go on, have a guess which one) who must travel west, acts out some biblical fantasy as he slashes and burns his way across the west and through as many people, proving that in our 9/11 world, the only thing that matters is the word of God saturated in blood -in a post-war environment, I mean, do people not learn anything? And we are supposed to admire this man? The unspoken dirt under this films nails is the 'other religion' which presumably sparked the war, Islam, but that would be making it too obvious and the obliteration of the Quran would not have gone down well in cinemas outside the US. Hard to imagine why anyone wants to watch this pseudo-biblical rage dressed up as a post-acopalypse fantasy. The film is an insult to the intelligence

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

You didn't like it then, Stavros?

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    You didn't like it then, Stavros?
    I'm gonna buy the house next to Stavros and have Denzel Washington move in.

"Watch out! Don't leave your rake like dat! Shit'll getcha killed!"

I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

i watched harry potter and the deathly hallows part 1 on hbo last night. was bored and waiting for the walking dead to start so i ended up watching about 2/3 of it.

Let's face it...some women just look better with their clothes ON

Senior Member Veteran Poster Lovecox's Avatar

Just watched Gomorrah (Italian: Gomorra) a 2008 Italian film directed by Matteo Garrone, based on the book by Roberto Saviano. It deals with the Casalesi clan, a crime syndicate within the Camorra — a traditional criminal organization based in Naples and Caserta, in the southern Italian region of Campania.

Powerful juxtaposition of savage imagery and subject matter with masterful cinematographic composition.

Tragic, sobering, violent, uncompromising.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MV5BMTI4MDY5MTc5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTMyMTk3Mg@@__V1__SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	519453  

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    I'm gonna buy the house next to Stavros and have Denzel Washington move in.

"Watch out! Don't leave your rake like dat! Shit'll getcha killed!"
    How odd, as the house next to mine has been empty for the last 12-15 years, and there is a rumour that the landlord's son, a strange, dishevelled looking 30-something, used to live there (before he died in mysterious circumstances) even though there is no water, gas or electricity....the yard is an undergrowth of weeds, the windows cracked and forlorn, the curtains stiff with dust, age and death. And, merciful heavens, even the local rats have lost interest in the place, and I suspect it is now a rest-home for spiders, given the variety of species that I find in my bathtub on Sunday mornings...a spelll has been cast upon this near-derelict eyesore on an otherwise much-desired street near the centre of town, close to the railway station and other amenities...nah, the place is too interesting for someone with the one-dimensional profile of Mr Washington, please keep him there. Could make an interesting film though as a notorious 20th century necromancer was born in a house about five minutes walk away...

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    How odd, as the house next to mine has been empty for the last 12-15 years, and there is a rumour that the landlord's son, a strange, dishevelled looking 30-something, used to live there (before he died in mysterious circumstances) even though there is no water, gas or electricity....the yard is an undergrowth of weeds, the windows cracked and forlorn, the curtains stiff with dust, age and death. And, merciful heavens, even the local rats have lost interest in the place, and I suspect it is now a rest-home for spiders, given the variety of species that I find in my bathtub on Sunday mornings...a spelll has been cast upon this near-derelict eyesore on an otherwise much-desired street near the centre of town, close to the railway station and other amenities...nah, the place is too interesting for someone with the one-dimensional profile of Mr Washington, please keep him there. Could make an interesting film though as a notorious 20th century necromancer was born in a house about five minutes walk away...
    Crowley?

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Which Halloween movies are you lining up to watch?

I need some ideas. The lists online all show the same movies, that I enjoy, but have seen more than a few times. Here's my list of the top Halloween movies. But, again, I'm sure you have seen a few. http://blog.alysinclair.com/my-top-1...loween-movies/

I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

every year, we do a halloween marathon. we obviously don't watch season of the witch and this year, we might start with the rob zombie films first then go to the original series but its a great set of movies overall

Let's face it...some women just look better with their clothes ON