Page 449 of 458 FirstFirst ... 349399439444445446447448449450451452453454 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 4576
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

Infinitum: Subject Unknown (Matthew Butler-Hart, 2021)

Shot on an iPhone during the lockdown of 2020, mostly in Crouch End in North West London (I confess I bought a kebab there once, and ate it on the way home), this film is derived in part from the Isaac Asimov Foundation books, with implied links to 'mind control' experiments such as MKultra. The problem is that the captive woman frees herself in a cycle of repeated situations, choosing options each time that give the film its narrative drive, but we never know why she was in captivity, and if this was an experiment by the clinic named at the start of the film, or because of some war that seems to have happened, is happening, and the suggestion of surveillance due to an airship. Any hope of a big 'reveal' at the end of the film fizzles out. Just as we are permanently doomed to repeat our lives again and again, tweaking this scene and that, so one hopes people will not be encouraged to see this film again and again, though it is not that bad to look at.

Senior Member Professional Poster luv4Tgirls's Avatar

The new Top Gun

Senior Member Junior Poster seilinos's Avatar

The Outfit

The Hitman's Bodyguard - Sam Jackson

Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

Jurassic World-Dominion

Senior Member Veteran Poster diddyboponTOP's Avatar

Nobody.... It's a great John wick type action film.... Right down to his daughters cat being stolen setting his rampage off instead of his Dog lol.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster diddyboponTOP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luv4Tgirls View Post
    The new Top Gun
    I can't wait to see it, I'm. Huge Tom cruise fan since Risky Business. He's in my Top 5 all time
    Tom Cruise
    Tom Hanks
    Jack Nicholson
    Johnny Depp
    And Brad Pitt in no specific order are my top five favorite actors and I would recommend their whole filmography to anyone who hasn't seen any of their films.

Gold Poster

Bob's Burgers - The Movie

Kudos to the little local cinema for screening this on premiere. Not sure that they understood how it sits between kid's cartoons and adult films but it was half-term coming-up and they took a gamble, fair play to them. That being said there was no one else in the cinema on this initial Thursday afternoon matinee so guess their target audience was still doing after-school clubs and homework etc.

It was good to see it on the big screen but the storyline lacked ambition and some of the character's quirks were underplayed. Conspicuously missing was Bob's nemesis Jimmy Pesto (you only see a peek of him sweeping outside his restaurant from inside Bob's place) because the actor was sacked after he'd been involved in the January 6 riots on the Capitol. The songs didn't quite deliver either, lacking the punch and wit of those in the tv series.

In summary a bland effort and it really struggled with the extended format, a few smiles along the way but I got more laughs out of the new Minions film trailer in the pre-show.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

The Gray Man (Anthony Russo, Joe Russo 2022)

When Philosophy paints its grey on grey, then has a shape of life grown old -Hegel gets some things right, like this verdict on supposedly satirical addition to the Assassin genre, in fact a genre old before its time. Gray, or grey, it begs to be interred. In fact, there may even be a sequel. I watched it on someone else's Netflix account, so no apologies.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diddyboponTOP View Post
    Nobody.... It's a great John wick type action film.... Right down to his daughters cat being stolen setting his rampage off instead of his Dog lol.
    The "Bus scene".
    Did NOT know who they were fucking with!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!