Page 328 of 458 FirstFirst ... 228278318323324325326327328329330331332333338378428 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 4576
    Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

I edited RL's post because he reproduced my review - to which i've now added a spoiler warning and changed one section so as not to give away another element of the plot.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014...traterrestrial

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Killing Them Softly

I only thought Cogan's Trade, the book on which this movie was based, was average. This movie is worse than average, with its distracting and irritating political undertones that have nothing to do with the story. It made a poor addition to a gangster movie, even if thematically coherent, it is so dissonant and preachy that it ruins the movie. I don't need an extended analogy to Wall Street or spliced over speeches of George Bush and Barack Obama to understand how crooks and killers operate. I'm going to try like hell never to watch another movie directed by Andrew Dominik.

Urban Justice....steven seagel....what the fuck..

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImpulZ View Post
    Urban Justice....steven seagel....what the fuck..
    Did you stop by the liquor store first? More better with booze. Fun critiquing how his hairline shifts and his weight varies. I think he invented Cajun Ebonics too. He was born to do the re-boot of Samurai Cop.

Junior Member Rookie Poster JeyneRiley's Avatar

The Wolf of Wall Street. What a kick ass movie. Jordan Belfort (played by Leo) was an absolute train wreck of a human being.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    The brand new transsexual adult model of your dreams!

Follow Me:
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Chaturbate
    Wishlist

Veteran Poster

Need for Speed (Arron Paul aka Jessie Pinkmon from Breaking Bad series))

High adrenaline car race movie- the race/chase choregraphy scenes from
    Need for Speed don't add up near to the impressive level of the Fast & Furious
    series. Decent/above average film but not great. Solid enough for a popcorn flick. But Not a memorable classic.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by pantybulge69 View Post
    Need for Speed (Arron Paul aka Jessie Pinkmon from Breaking Bad series)

High adrenaline car race movie- the race/chase choregraphy scenes from
    Need for Speed don't add up near to the impressive level of the Fast & Furious
    series. Decent/above average film but not great. Solid enough for a popcorn flick. But Not a memorable classic.

just saw this myself. for me, the sounds of those cars alone were worth the ticket price! that said though, there's definitely nothing to write home about here. probably best to save this one for Redbox.

I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

I watched the Red Dawn remake (with Thor) on netflix earlier today.

I don't know why I continued to watch it after the first 15 min. From the training montage on, the movie was just awful. plus the attempt at catharsis that Thor's baby brother is supposed to experience is terrible. the invading koreans have the ability to stage such an attack but have no ability to monitor a group of kids? people are seen eating at a subway while tanks are rolling through a city?

Overall, please avoid this movie. There are several reasons, MGM's fiscal health notwithstanding, that this movie was shelved and only released to capitalize on Hemsworth's fame.

Let's face it...some women just look better with their clothes ON

Senior Member Professional Poster AshlynCreamher's Avatar

I though Red Dawn was pretty suspenseful, especially The first 15 minutes - watching Korean's parachuting In the neighborhood and planes crashing, very suspenseful! Part I hated the most was the big brother getting killed.

Gold Poster

Place Beyond the Pines
    This is a good movie, but runs at a slow pace. The pacing picks up about half way through, but you have to be patient to enjoy this one. If there's one theme I can identify, it's the significance of having a father and being a father for better or for worse. There are some poignant moments, one implausible coincidence, and some space in between. But it was worth watching.

The Badlands
    A highly rated, but slightly overrated movie that was apparently inspired by the Starkweather killing spree. It involves sporadic action interspersed with peculiar narration from the naive 15 year old girl who accompanied the main character on his killing spree. The problem with the movie is that during those times when there isn't action, there's nothing to draw you to the characters or story. The narration serves only to let you know how confused (and psychologically manipulated) the young girl is, but besides edifying you about that, it fails to provide any other insight.