Page 356 of 458 FirstFirst ... 256306346351352353354355356357358359360361366406456 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 4576

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

Just caught "The Raid 2" ...this is the Indonesian martial arts follow up to "Raid:Redemption". If you loved the first film, then you'll probably love this one too. The dialogue's somewhat silly and you sometimes lose a little track, but your watching this for visceral reasons and it certainly satisfies on that level. Enjoy it...I did.

Senior Member Junior Poster Toadily's Avatar

I watch Avengers last night followed by Ironman then Ironman 2 today.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Shawsank redemption

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Professional Poster

Odelay - I didn't get the hype for True Detective and maybe that's because I heard a lot of hype before seeing it. I thought the friction between the two detectives was forced and waaaay too choreographed (you never talk ....now you talk too much...lets keep the car a place of silent refection). That said, if you haven't heard the hype, I do definitely recommend it and would love to hear another opinion.

Senior Member Junior Poster aktrik's Avatar

Junior Poster

Whatever happened to the beautiful Thara Wells video when she stripped on a live Spanish, Italian, European or South American television talk show; I was fortunate to have caught it on youtube years ago. I cannot find her video anywhere. I was truly amazed on how she stripped on stage and poured milk all over her body. I think was one of the best striptease I had ever seen. It was sexy, hot and clean!

tsagent007

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Odelay View Post
    Hunger Games Part 2, which I guess will be followed by Hunger Games Part 3 Part1, followed by Part 3 Part 2. Confusing.
    Sorry to inform you but the third film in The Hunger Games franchise is out soon and is called
    The Hunger Games: Mockingjay -Part 1...

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Odelay View Post
    True Detective (HBO)

I mentioned this in my last post and technically it's not a movie, but I caught this on video and was very, very impressed. And really, one could be forgiven for thinking of this as a very long movie (8 hours), especially considering they're doing season 2 with an entirely different cast and entirely different storyline.

Casting Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey in a crime drama at the peak of the careers is practically a can't miss, but the author of the book who drafted the screenplay brought a pretty damn good story to the table, as well. Some damn good television and since they're not stretching the Harrelson/McConaughey story any further, it's about as tight a story as has been told in television format.
    I reviewed this a month or so ago, and found the whole thing riddled with cliches and tediously familiar plots, and see it as a 'liberal American' view of that 'other' America which is simultaneously Christian and pagan, morally righteous and morally depraved, in which very weird people live deep in the woods, are incestuous, own ferocious dogs, and don't pay taxes. And so on.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

The Maze Runner (Wes Ball, 2015)
    So much running, such little amazement...

Carnage (Roman Polanski, 2011)
    This film is an adaptation of a stage play by Yasmina Reza (Le Dieu du Carnage), and, as with most of her plays attempts to show how humans use language to deceive, protect, attack, explain, sympathise, destroy -and so on. Her use of language, particularly in French, has the acid sarcasm and rhythmic impulse that is found in the literature of the 18th century, Rabelais comes to mind. Strip away the restraints of language and social custom, Reza seems to say, and you will find that humans revert to a 'natural' condition in which they are selfish, arrogant, brutal and violent, a view of human nature that is neither original nor accurate. The acting is outstanding, Jodie Foster in particular, although Christoph Waltz reprises every other role he has played, being an actor of limited expression. It is hard to believe Kate Winslet's character is an investment broker, but then the simple idea that she and her husband are rich enough to pay for the other couple's dental treatment is not on the agenda. The film cost $25m to make with four actors, a few minor roles, mostly on the telephone, and a list of credits that goes on forever. Polanski, most of whose films are not worth a second look, does a competent job. Worth it if you like Jodie Foster, and I do.