Page 15 of 458 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31bznlectl_ss500__358.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	222240  

...stir it up and pass it around.

Professional Poster

I saw Grand Torino last weekend, Pretty good movie.

An amature does it till they get it right,
    A professional does it till they can't get it wrong.

5 Star Poster

just saw slumdog for the second time, and liked it even better. I'm a sucker for watching hope survive.

Rookie Poster

I just finished watching Hellraiser. Amazing movie! Sucks that they are remaking it though

Fighting on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win, your still retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty0960
    I just finished watching Hellraiser. Amazing movie! Sucks that they are remaking it though
    There's a lot of remakes in the works. I agree that 99% of them suck.
    It just shows that they don't have any new Ideas.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51cdneqsgfl_ss500__142.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	222555  

Junior Poster

i haven't finished watching the last one yet.

Professional Poster

The last movie I watched was 'Witchboard' which came out back around 1986. That movie scared the crap out of me when I was a little kid but now that I'm grown it's not that bad.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

All 3 films in the Hanzo the Razor box set. Great stuff. Description below.

Hanzo the Razor
    Are you a fan of samurai films, but wish they were somehow...dirtier? Welcome to the deranged world of Hanzo the Razor, a weird blend of swordplay and sexploitation. The first Hanzo movie, Sword of Justice, came out a year after Shaft and Dirty Harry and fuses the influence of both: stout and surly Hanzo (Shintaro Katsu), a rebellious yet obsessively moral samurai, is also enormously well-endowed and provides almost unbearable pleasure to the women he "interrogates"--that is to say, rapes in the name of the law. Hanzo also tortures and blackmails without qualm as he slices through crime, uncovering corruption at higher levels in each progressive film. In Sword of Justice he overturns his own craven superiors; in The Snare, he breaks into a temple used by local magistrates for the sadistic torture of young girls; in Who's Got the Gold, the shogunate treasury is being looted by its own officials--had there been a fourth film, Hanzo would probably have confronted the shogun himself. But while the movies wallow in Hanzo's ruthless treatment of criminals and women, it also ogles the torture Hanzo inflicts upon himself! Sword of Justice will knock you sideways as you struggle to balance Hanzo's puritanical code with his masochism and brutality (as well as the funky '70s soundtrack). The Snare and Who's Got the Gold?, disappointingly repeat many of the same routines (in particular, the "net torture" of female suspects). But while the fight choreography in the first two films is often crude, Who's Got the Gold (directed by Yoshio Inoue) has more visual finesse and social commentary--not many movies combine temple orgies and geysers of blood with inflation, unemployment, and high interest rates. (There's a particularly eerie scene in which a samurai in debt is hounded by a pack of blind men.) Hanzo the Razor undoubtedly influenced the moral outrage/leering voyeurism mix of Death Wish and its ilk, but Shintaro Katsu's gleeful ferocity (in contrast with Charles Bronson's dour, repressed deadpan) makes this trilogy stranger and sleazier. Katsu was also the star of the hugely popular Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman series.