Page 297 of 458 FirstFirst ... 197247287292293294295296297298299300301302307347397 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 4578
    Dungeon Master Veteran Poster StinkyPete1000's Avatar

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

Iron Man 3, which I thought was terrible, and Beasts of the Southern Wild, which I thought was very good.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

GOD Emperor of Mankind Platinum Poster LibertyHarkness's Avatar

Man of Steel, was quite enjoyable ... great music as well .

Liberty Harkness
    "English Transsexual Model - Entertainer - Photographer "
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Nebraska. Funny and moving. Terrific film making. A possible oscar for Bruce Dern

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Compliance (Craig Zobel, 2012)
    The only thing worse than this film, which was on Film4 last night, is that it is based on a real incident. Apparently there are people who telephone businesses and pretend to be policemen and who play on the vulnerability of others who, convinced they are talking to the police, do what they are asked, regardless. At some point I thought it was just not credible, if only because Americans are famous for spending hours watching cop shows on tv where procedure is part of the drama -apparently not. Maybe they spend too many hours flipping burgers and working long hours. Whatever, I hated the way I was being manipulated by the film, yet as I say, the truth is that there was an incident in Kentucky and there is a youtube clip of a tv documentary too. It means there are spoilers if you haven't seen either. People, it seems, really are stupid, and I doubt it is confined to the USA.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    Nebraska. Funny and moving. Terrific film making. A possible oscar for Bruce Dern
    Pleased to hear it. On the list for this week!

Alexander Payne has become the master of the quirky road movie.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Newish Veteran Poster

I just saw the new Hunger Games last weekend.

Liked it OK, but like the last one I just wanted Jennifer Lawrence to be more. . . less. . . Fuck, she's awesome. Would it kill the director to let that through? I know, I know- revolution, despair, etc.

Seriously, she's an incredible woman- look for some of her funny quotes online if you're not familiar, or watch some interviews.

She's electric. And wasted on that franchise.

Dungeon Master Veteran Poster StinkyPete1000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyHarkness View Post
    Man of Steel, was quite enjoyable ... great music as well .
    Agree 100%. Definitely much better than the previous remake in my opinion. Although I've grown quite tired of Hollywoods remake craze.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

I saw Prisoners great movie

revenge is a sweet little bitch

Senior Member Platinum Poster

The Hunger Games (Gary Ross, 2012)
    I don't know the book so I don't know how faithful the film is, but it is not an original story as these 'fatal games' have been done before from Rollerball through Battle Royale. In this film the 12 Districts plus the Capitol suggest the original 13 American colonies while the concept of human sacrifice suggests Christianity has collapsed and been replaced by something vaguely Roman but none of these themes is dealt with in the film which is not as gory or cruel as say, Battle Royale, and thus the overall impression is underwhelming, and I really couldn't care less who survived, although I do like Jennifer Lawrence. I am not even sure this would appeal to 16 year olds.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    The Hunger Games (Gary Ross, 2012)
    I don't know the book so I don't know how faithful the film is, but it is not an original story as these 'fatal games' have been done before from Rollerball through Battle Royale. In this film the 12 Districts plus the Capitol suggest the original 13 American colonies while the concept of human sacrifice suggests Christianity has collapsed and been replaced by something vaguely Roman but none of these themes is dealt with in the film which is not as gory or cruel as say, Battle Royale, and thus the overall impression is underwhelming, and I really couldn't care less who survived, although I do like Jennifer Lawrence. I am not even sure this would appeal to 16 year olds.
    Umm, somehow I don't think you're their target demographic, old chap.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed